Countries Requiring Visas

Moo-Woo

As I'm shortly to embark on a QE2 crusie of the Med, I started making a list of everything I'd need; Passport, tickets, money etc. Then the thought hit me about Visas. I know you don't normally need one to visit European countries but we will be stopping in Turkey, Rhodes etc. Does anyone know IF Visas are required for these places, and if so, do you have to get them before you travel or are they handed out before getting to the country, like the Green Cards you have to fill in when visiting the USA? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I needed a visa for Turkish ports (Ephesus, Bodrum and disembarkation in Istanbul) during my cruise in 2000. But maybe the visa was only required because I was disembarking in Istanbul and staying on for several days.

Anyway...application for visa was provided in the literature sent by Cunard. I would contact Cunard about what is needed. My passport was turned in upon embarkation and when it was returned the visa stamp was in my passport. My travel agent never mentioned I would need a visa.

Hope you have a wonderful time. I am truly envious!

Found the answer regarding Turkey, maybe useful for others: -

ORDINARY PASSPORT HOLDERS OF NATIONALS OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES MAY OBTAIN STICKER TYPE VISAS AT THE TURKISH INTERNATIONAL BORDER GATES TO ENTER INTO TURKEY

Type of Passport : Ordinary Passport

Duration of Stay : 3 Months

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil,Canada, Holland, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom, United States of America

Archived