Disembarkation, what time?

pouchin

If it's a friend/relative I would say 10 AM just so they're not kept waiting too long for you in case of delays with luggage, etc.

If it's a car service; tell them 9 AM (it's their job to wait for paying customers).

Michael

NYC

You will, however, pay for the wait time! I am fed up with friends arriving (particularly from the UK) who tell me 'they got a great deal for a limo pick up' only to bitterly complain afterwards that there were extras they weren't told about (or probably didn't bother to check) particularly 'wait time' and 'meet and greet fees' inside the terminal.

Being that these posts are for the purpose of helping each other, it is interesting that Cunard uses the word "debarkation" for directions on the luggage tags that I recently received. Both "disembarkation" and "debarkation" mean the same according to my American-English Dictionary. Does anyone know if one is used by the British and the other by Americans?

I have found that a cell phone call to the limo service shortly after docking in NYC helps with dealing with the pick-up time. Usually it takes about two hours after docking for clearance by the Customs officals. If you are not in a hurry to get elsewhere, enjoy your breakfast, and take that final walk around the deck before returning back to reality.

Bon Voyage!

Terrence (QM2-September 17, 2004)

Debarkation time depends on several factors. If you are handling all your own luggage you'll be the first off the ship. Queens and princess grill passengers also are amongst the first people off. Lower decks seemed to be called later on in the process. I would vote for calling your car service as soon as you have the time frame assigned to your cabin.

We were so busy chatting to a friend on deck recently that we missed all the calls for our disembarkation. When we got ashore most of our fellow passengers were already on the way home and our cases were sitting almost alone in one corner and porters were waiting to help. A case of less haste/more speed!

They will also call ahead and confirm with Cunard before they drive to the pier... same as they do with airport pick-ups (that's why they ask for flight number.

However, the QE 2 is rarely late.

Michael

NYC

Archived