Family excursion ideas

sahm2alexis

Is there anything awesome to do in Belize that isn't cave tubing? My kids are super excited about cave tubing, and for the cost I would rather do something else. My husband and I have been before, so we're thinking if the kids don't care about it.... let's do something different!

But... I can't find anything else that other people love?? Suggestions?!?

We went with King David and saw the Howler Monkeys. It is a very unique experience and highly recommend it. Also, the Belize zoo is a great stop for a family. Don't know the ages of your kids, but the ruins are nice and he really gives a great history of the area on the drive over. We really enjoyed both our tours with him~ highly recommend. You can find out more on trip advisor about his services.

How old are your children, we just got back and took the water taxi to Caye Caulker. My kids are in 20's but they would of enjoyed this years ago also. You have to watch the times and make sure you get back in time. We wented a golf cart and drove around and ate on the water.

• 2 weeks later...
We went with King David and saw the Howler Monkeys. It is a very unique experience and highly recommend it. Also, the Belize zoo is a great stop for a family. Don't know the ages of your kids, but the ruins are nice and he really gives a great history of the area on the drive over. We really enjoyed both our tours with him~ highly recommend. You can find out more on trip advisor about his services.

I second the howler monkeys; took my kids on that excursion when they were younger, and we really enjoyed it. Take insect repellent if you go, the mosquitoes were horrible the day we went!