MSC Orchestra Superbowl Cruise Jan31/Feb7/2009

Matblehead Fisherman

Yes, I was one of the some 1500 superbowlers on the Orchestra. I first found the ship to be on the unclean side. Salty railings and dirty glass on the sliding doors of the balcany. However the crew did clean the glass while at sea. On the return to FLL, I found out why the glass was dirty. We were on the 10th level and could not sit on the balcany because we were taking spray from the sea. Yes, there was drinking during the superbowl. That was what the cruise was all about for us. But, to run out of all the lite beer by the fourth day out makes a statement between midwesterners and the European/Italian culture. The rooms were smaller than what we had on other ships. We did have a sofa bed that could accomadate, maybe two small children or a normal adult. We never met our cabin attendents, let alone have anyone tell us how to operate the shower. The safe, in the closet, had a mind of it's own and we had to call for assistance on three occasions. The waiters and waitresess didn't have a good understanding of English and after the third or fourth time you asked for something, they responded by saying they didn't have it. Such as "Powered sugar" for your waffle. I bought some in St, Martin and showed them what it was. The crew mostly were indifferent to our requests borderlining on rudeness. Maybe it was the language problem. The entertainmet was of Italian culture with a lot of buttocks showing. Not necessarly of Midwestern culture. I guess the firemen and policemen in our group are uncultured and crude. Most of our group are the same police and firemen that protect your safety in the U.S. The crew didn't warm up until the last day at sea. I think they were as happy to get rid of us as we were to get off the ship. I will defintly be happy to go on Carnival, next year. At least their crew will be trained in American culture when leaving an American port. This was not the Love Boat, but maybe it was one step above the troop ship I was on in Feb '60 going to Germany.

it is yur group that was rude beyond words, and if you want to read about what the other people experienced onboard with you read all my statements. You took over the pool as if you all owned it, allowing no others to enjoy that area. I am glad you will go back to CCL next time, we left cruising with that line a long time ago because of the toga party mentality. We loved this cruise and in spite of your group ruining many aspects we look forward to another cruise on such a beautiful line as MSC> The shows were beyond words.... more like a cultural experience.... hmmmmm ˆ guess I know why you all did not like it.Drinking was not the main reason for taking a cruise for us. I think it is a real shame to actually spend your vacation money and time with the sole purpose of drinking.

To each his own! go back to CCL, I am sure the staff that was treated so rudely by your group will not be missed. I had wonderful service and kind and attentive wait staff. Bravo to MSC!

Archived