ES questions

First time we've done Early saver.

I know you can get upgrades if the price for the upgrade is the same as what you paid, but what if it says "free upgrade" from 4a to 4b past guest rate (we are past guests) . O saw this on Travelo_ _ _ _ site today.

However the current cost of 4A is more than what I paid, Can I still qualify for the upgrade just because I currently have a 4A cabin? Do i just call Carnival to be upgraded to a 4B cabin?

How do you know if carnival's website offers free upgrades since it doesn't give you categories (eg 4a,4b, etc) from which to choose from . . .it only say interior, ocean view, balcony? I know I can't show them t___price, but I am assuming that Carnival may also have the free upgrades too.

Lastly, can you upgrade several times before the cruise, or is there a limit?

No limits to how many times you can upgrade or price match. Carnival used to show the categories in their booking engine, but not anymore. They're trying to confuse us. Use this website to check prices: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/. Be sure to check anything you qualify for. It'll show the categories.

I don't know if they will just simply upgrade you to the 4B without you having to take the higher price of a 4A-->4B. I haven't thought about that one before. Someone on here probably knows.

No limits to how many times you can upgrade or price match. Carnival used to show the categories in their booking engine, but not anymore. They're trying to confuse us. Use this website to check prices: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/. Be sure to check anything you qualify for. It'll show the categories.

I don't know if they will just simply upgrade you to the 4B without you having to take the higher price of a 4A-->4B. I haven't thought about that one before. Someone on here probably knows.

How do I check this site for upgrades? I know I can check price reductions..but no clue bout upgrades ......I am in a 6C oceanview right now.

How do I check this site for upgrades? I know I can check price reductions..but no clue bout upgrades ......I am in a 6C oceanview right now.

If you use that FareViewer link from my last post, and be sure to check all that apply to you (your state, over 55, past guest). You'll click for oceanview and a particular rate, and a chart pulls up. You can go back and forth between the rates to find out which one has what for you. If there is a deal such as "pay the price of a 6A & get a 6C", it will state it within the chart that pulls up. It would probably show the same price for 6A, 6B, & 6C, and next to the 6C would state something like "free upgrade from 6A". Just play with the FareViewer for a little bit, and you'll figure it out. The most common rate that includes these upgrades is the Past Guest rates, as long as you are a past guest.

If you're hoping to move higher, see what the prices are for any categories above a 6C. If this is on a larger ship, the next step up would be a balcony. If the price is higher to move up, you can agree to pay that higher price and get the upgrade. If it's the same, you can move up for free. If the higher category is cheaper than where you're at, you can move up and get the lower rate.

If you use that FareViewer link from my last post, and be sure to check all that apply to you (your state, over 55, past guest). You'll click for oceanview and a particular rate, and a chart pulls up. You can go back and forth between the rates to find out which one has what for you. If there is a deal such as "pay the price of a 6A & get a 6C", it will state it within the chart that pulls up. It would probably show the same price for 6A, 6B, & 6C, and next to the 6C would state something like "free upgrade from 6A". Just play with the FareViewer for a little bit, and you'll figure it out. The most common rate that includes these upgrades is the Past Guest rates, as long as you are a past guest.

If you're hoping to move higher, see what the prices are for any categories above a 6C. If this is on a larger ship, the next step up would be a balcony. If the price is higher to move up, you can agree to pay that higher price and get the upgrade. If it's the same, you can move up for free. If the higher category is cheaper than where you're at, you can move up and get the lower rate.

So if I am on the Elation and there are hardly any balcony rooms, a 6c would be about the best before a suite..which will prob not show up in an upgrade?? or if it did it would be crazy expensive??? (not a past guest..1st cruise!!!!!)

and if the chart just has the total cabin prices and not upgrade verbage..then there are none available at that time?

So if I am on the Elation and there are hardly any balcony rooms, a 6c would be about the best before a suite..which will prob not show up in an upgrade?? or if it did it would be crazy expensive??? (not a past guest..1st cruise!!!!!)

and if the chart just has the total cabin prices and not upgrade verbage..then there are none available at that time?

Since I see that it's the Elation, I can tell you that there are 6Ds & 6Es on that ship. Don't worry if you can't get an upgrade to one of those. You are either on Main deck-midship or Upper deck-forward or aft. Those are all good locations. The 6D & 6E rooms will not be bigger rooms or have extras in them. Plus, the 6E rooms could have some noise issues, due to a couple of factors. Some of them are very close to the lobby and others are right below the galley/kitchen. I think the 6Cs are all in better spots, as far as the noise goes, than any 6E. 6D rooms should be fine.

And to answer the rest of your questions, there are no regular balcony rooms on Elation. The next step up from 6E are suites, so that would cost a bit extra. If the chart doesn't have the upgrade verbage, that means that that rate is not offering any free uprades. You can go back and check every rate that pops up. You are in a pretty good spot with your 6C, so just keep checking and hoping for price drops.

Does anyone else out there know the answer to the OPs question? They were asking if, for example, you were booked in a 4A, but there was a free upgrade offer from a 4A to a 4B, but the current price for that 4A--->4B is more than the price you are booked at. Could you get the free upgrade to the 4B without having to pay the higher price?

Archived