Port cavaveral park and cruise

VC-Racing

My wife and I will be driving in for our cruise in Sept. and I'm thinking of doing a park and cruise @ one of the local hotels . I have a few questions for some of the experienced cruisers that have used this particular package.

I'm looking @ booking @ the Raddison or Country inn.

How secure are these parking areas compared to the port parking ?

How early can the shuttle run on the day we disembark the ship for the return trip?

I have been told that one can self disembark early in the AM, I would like to be able to do this because we have a 8hr trip back home and would like to be picked up early.

I see that the port charges for oversize vehicles, I assume that is RV and mini buses. I drive a 4 Dr. F-350 pickup truck ( no dually) would this be considered over size?

Many thanks,

Vic

My wife and I will be driving in for our cruise in Sept. and I'm thinking of doing a park and cruise @ one of the local hotels . I have a few questions for some of the experienced cruisers that have used this particular package.

I'm looking @ booking @ the Raddison or Country inn.

How secure are these parking areas compared to the port parking ?

How early can the shuttle run on the day we disembark the ship for the return trip?

I have been told that one can self disembark early in the AM, I would like to be able to do this because we have a 8hr trip back home and would like to be picked up early.

I see that the port charges for oversize vehicles, I assume that is RV and mini buses. I drive a 4 Dr. F-350 pickup truck ( no dually) would this be considered over size?

Many thanks,

Vic

Not sure about disembarking 'that' early. I assume you mean taking your luggage with you? But if you stay at the Radisson, which I highly reccomend ;) for many reasons. It's a very short taxi ride back to the hotel.

I'm sure you,ve seen pictures on their website and it really looks like that. I would like to stay there on return from cruise for a couple of days. There are pics in my sig of the Glory. It is a long drive for us from Winston Salem, but DH will not fly.:pWe take two days each way. We are both retired and that allows all the time we want. :D

The parking area is on Radisson property and seems secure. We have used it many times with no problems.

Now the size of your vehicle, why not call the port and ask? Or maybe another poster can give you an answer. Happy sailing! :cool:

Not sure about disembarking 'that' early. I assume you mean taking your luggage with you? But if you stay at the Radisson' date=' which I highly reccomend ;) for many reasons. It's a very short taxi ride back to the hotel.

I'm sure you,ve seen pictures on their website and it really looks like that. I would like to stay there on return from cruise for a couple of days. There are pics in my sig of the Glory. It is a long drive for us from Winston Salem, but DH will not fly.:pWe take two days each way. We are both retired and that allows all the time we want. :D

The parking area is on Radisson property and seems secure. We have used it many times with no problems.

Now the size of your vehicle, why not call the port and ask? Or maybe another poster can give you an answer. Happy sailing! :cool:[/quote']

Thanks for the reply, I too will not fly fixed wing aircraft , if I need to fly somewhere , it must be a absolute emergency ( life or death thing). Thanks I booked a room @ Raddison this AM.

With your size of truck I'm thinking you'll have to pay the over-sized fee. My husband took his F-150 extended cab long bed down to Ft. Lauderdale but didn't have to pay the extra fee because he was just barely under 20 feet. But from Carnival's website it said this: "Vehicles over 20 feet in length will pay $26.00 per night." from http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Cruise_Ship_Terminals_Parking__Directions_PORT_CANAVERAL.aspx

As well on http://www.portcanaveral.com/cruising/parking.php it said "Parking Fees: $15/night for vehicles up to 20 feet in length and $26/night for vehicles over 20 feet".

Archived