Upgrades??

joediver

• 1 month later...

I am considering my first cruise on the SDII to be an "upgrade" from our regular Royal Cunardivality. We have a a Deck 2 GTY, so I am guessing they'll move you up as space allows. Since all cabins are the same (except for the Owner's Suite), I don't think it much matters where on the small ship you end up. You're always only a few steps from the bar! ;)

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

We booked on the Seadream I in for a cruise in March with 5 other couples and were told by our travel agent that we would all be on the same deck. (deck2) Since all the cabins are the same, other than the owners suite and double cabins, we didn't mind. It would be fun to all be together.

When we checked in, I found out that 2 of the couples were given the opportunity to "upgrade" to other decks prior to the cruise. The only difference was that the deck 2 cabins have 2 portholes, and the cabins ont the other 2 decks have picture windows.

No problem, but then a third couple was "upgraded" to deck 4 because for some reason they lost their request for what kind of bed(s) they wanted.

We ended up alone on the lowest deck, and all 6 couples were now scattered about the ship. I know it is not a big ship, but everytime we wanted to share anything, I found myself running up and down steps.

In addition, I know that if you use your American Express Platinum Card, many of the other lines offer you a substantial shipboard credit or upgrade. Our travel agent told us that Seadream does not.

Archived