Food Choices on Disney Dream

Max Circus

My wife and I will be taking our first Disney cruise in December 2011 on the Disney Dream. We have sailed most recently on Carnival so are familiar with their food offering onboard outside the MDR (pizza, fish and chips, deli, stir fry station). What can you tell me about Disney's food offerings outside the MDR?

Since the Dream hasnt sailed yet, nobody knows for sure exactly what they will offer.

However I know they will have plenty of free food available.

I can say on the current ships they have several places on deck 9 with different foods.

Pizza, hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, chicken fingers, fries, chips, wrap sandwiches, cold pasta dishes, loads of fresh fruits, soft serve ice cream, sometimes mexican foods at the burger place too. Late night they have 2 places with snacks set out. Usually a hot kabobs, cake, cookies,cheese and meat snack tray, chicken wings etc.... Its different everynight. Room service is free 24 hours a day too, although we always give a gratuity.

The pirate party has late night buffet set out with lots of yummy things and includes some awesome desserts too.

So even though nobody knows for sure what the Dream will have, I know it will be as much, if not more than the current ships. You wont go hungry!! Oh and the free drink station too. Free coke products, coffee, tea, hot coco, milk. That is 24/7 too.

On the current ships, the lounges also have food items set out in the early evening. If you have late seating, they're a nice place to relax and grab a snack.

There is also food at Cove Cafe for adults only. It's usually little sandwiches, fruit, pastries, chocolates and truffles (the chocolate filled kind!). This will be on the Dream too, but there's also the Vista Cafe on the Dream for families.

With respect to the Dream's fast-food options, here's something directly from the Disney Website:

Dining

Next to Donald's Pool sits Flo's Café, a Quick Service eatery that's themed after the Disney animated feature film, Cars. It's actually comprised of several food stations, each with its own name: Tow-Mater's Grill, Luigi's Pizza and Fillmore's Favorites. In addition, there is an ice cream station called Eye Scream Treats, themed after Mike Wazowski from Monsters, Inc., and a smoothie bar called Frozone Treats, themed after the character Frozone from the Disney animated film, The Incredibles. Please note that food and beverages are not allowed in the pools or whirlpool spas.

In addition to the three MDRs, you can also choose to eat dinner at one of the two "extra fee" restaurants - Palo or Remy. I highly recommend Palo for dinner or brunch ($15 pp extra). Obviously, no one can recommend Remy's yet but it's expected to be about $75 per person for fine french cuisine!!

• 2 weeks later...

There is plenty to eat, the buffet area is always full of food at dining times, burgers, hot dogs fries, salads deserts by the pool. Room service is MUCH better with Disney, they have more options and it tastes better than Carnival's. Palo is the best cruise dining experience I have ever had and I am VERY picky. I went on Carnival once and swore NEVER AGAIN, I thought their food was worst than your average 10 buffet place. The food on Disney is much better but I did not like any of the restaurants in the rotation for dinner, maybe its because I was spoiled by Palo. On the dream it looks like there will be 2 specialty restaurants Palo and Remy that seems much more expensive at 75pp. Cant wait to try that in Feb. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
On the current ships, the lounges also have food items set out in the early evening. If you have late seating, they're a nice place to relax and grab a snack.

There is also food at Cove Cafe for adults only. It's usually little sandwiches, fruit, pastries, chocolates and truffles (the chocolate filled kind!). This will be on the Dream too, but there's also the Vista Cafe on the Dream for families.

With respect to the Dream's fast-food options, here's something directly from the Disney Website:

Dining

Next to Donald's Pool sits Flo's Café, a Quick Service eatery that's themed after the Disney animated feature film, Cars. It's actually comprised of several food stations, each with its own name: Tow-Mater's Grill, Luigi's Pizza and Fillmore's Favorites. In addition, there is an ice cream station called Eye Scream Treats, themed after Mike Wazowski from Monsters, Inc., and a smoothie bar called Frozone Treats, themed after the character Frozone from the Disney animated film, The Incredibles. Please note that food and beverages are not allowed in the pools or whirlpool spas.

In addition to the three MDRs, you can also choose to eat dinner at one of the two "extra fee" restaurants - Palo or Remy. I highly recommend Palo for dinner or brunch ($15 pp extra). Obviously, no one can recommend Remy's yet but it's expected to be about $75 per person for fine french cuisine!!

One quick correction ... Palo is $20 per person for dinner/brunch ($10 for high tea, when available).

Archived