Volendam "G" cabins

Hi,

I'm about to book a cruise on the Volendam, and wonder if anyone has any views on, or experience with, the "G" class cabins on the stern of deck 2? The ones facing rearwards?

I'd like to book one, (I'm informed they are still available) but I'm concerned about noise from folk using the ladder to deck 3, just outside.

If someone has any experience with these cabins, it'd be great to hear your views.

Cheers.

I have been on the Volendam twice, but in a C category cabin, on deck 3. Deck 3 is the promenade deck. Any issues you have with noise may come from the foot noise of people walking around the promenade deck - a popular past time on both cruises I have been on. I noticed that this stairs area was a very quiet spot, used by people to soak up the sun in peace and quiet. The only people that use this area are walkers or people trying to get away from it all. The stairs are very rarely used.

Can I suggest you post this question on the HAL forum? There are plenty of regular HAL cruisers who can give you a more comprehensive response to your question there.

I personally love the Volendam, and I hope you do too.:)

Carina

Thanks to CJ, I posted the same question on the HAL forum and recieved enough positive news to convince me to make the booking.

So, there is no longer any need to answer my questions.

Thanks,

Rob

Archived