Travel Insurance Question

I usually purchase my insurance on line and have not had any problems however someone suggested recently that travel insurance purchased in Australia may have some limitations for bookings made overseas...anyone know anything about this?

I realise that o'seas bookings do not cover you for the t/a going belly up as only aussie agents are covered by t/a insurance but I was not aware that there are any other limitations. As long as our deposits are transferred to the main cruise line promptly I do not see this as a real problem..

That's the first I have heard of that Sue.

I didn't have any problems when I had to claim on the last cruise. That was insurance though our Credit Card. They paid up in a few days and asked no questions and I booked the cruise through Deb which is an overseas booking.

We had Covermore insurance last year (can be booked online) and were unable to join the cruise because the volcanic ash left us stranded in Singapore. We'd booked with a U.S. agent and our claim was fully paid. So there doesn't seem to be an issue here.

Archived