Need advice about Auckland tours

ManM

It will be my first time in Auckland and I dont know what to do - visit the city or go outside? Should I take a tour that takes me to the Rainforest, Winery, Sea-bird colony and sheep farm and skip the city or should I stay in town? How is Auckland and does it worth to stay there all day?

Thank you in advance.

It will be my first time in Auckland and I dont know what to do - visit the city or go outside? Should I take a tour that takes me to the Rainforest, Winery, Sea-bird colony and sheep farm and skip the city or should I stay in town? How is Auckland and does it worth to stay there all day?

Thank you in advance.

Hi ManM.

First off - when are you in Auckland and for how long?

If you only have one day my best advice is the Hop on Hop off Explorer Bus http://www.explorerbus.co.nz/ There is a main loop the bus does, then the 'Blue Loop' which will take you to Mt Eden (best viewing spot to see all of Auckland apart from the Sky Tower) Zoo and MOTAT (Museum of Transport & Technology)

That way you would get to see the most of Auckland central in the shortest time. The Museum is excellent, and is in the Domain, which is a beautiful spot with great views.

Down at the waterfront near where the Cruise Ship dock is the Voyager National Maritime Museum which has a special tribute to Sir Peter Blake a NZ Iconic Sailing legend. http://www.maritimemuseum.co.nz/ If you are interested in yachting or the sea, it is brilliant.

And that is the tip of the iceberg!

If you do fancy a visit to a winery, I recommend taking a ferry from the Quay St. terminal and heading over to Waiheke Island for the day. Beautiful wineries and GORGEOUS scenery. You can rent a car on there and drive around, visit the wineries you fancy, and hop back on the ferry at the end of the day.

There's plenty to do in Auckland city, too - lots of shopping, good restaurants and bars, especially on the Viaduct and in Wynyard Corner :)

Thank you for replying. To answer your question, I'll be in Auckland in December and only for one day. I will probably take the hop on hop off bus tour.

I have another question, but this time, it's about tauranga. We'll also be there for one day. I would also need advice. Should I go to Rotorua?

Archived