Antarctica Landing - HAL

nsync

Hi! Has anyone signed up for the Antarctica Landing excursion with HAL? If the weather was bad and the excursion was cancelled, did you have to participate in the alternate excursion to Argentina? Or can you get a refund? Thank you!

I'm not sure what the cancellation arrangement are, but you should be aware that this is one of the most cancelled HAL excursions. If you really do want to visit Antarctica it might be wise to consider an alternative cruise with someone like Hurtigruten?

In January 2011, our Punta Arenas stop was cancelled entirely, due to civil unrest (protests over increases in home heating gas prices), with some roads blockaded.

So the Antarctica flight excursion did not go at all. I'm not sure how those passengers were compensated.

I'm not sure what the cancellation arrangement are, but you should be aware that this is one of the most cancelled HAL excursions. If you really do want to visit Antarctica it might be wise to consider an alternative cruise with someone like Hurtigruten?

Hurtigruten in Antarctica: http://www.hurtigruten.com/en/Antarctica/Voyages/201213-Antarctica-Voyages/

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi! Has anyone signed up for the Antarctica Landing excursion with HAL? If the weather was bad and the excursion was cancelled, did you have to participate in the alternate excursion to Argentina? Or can you get a refund? Thank you!

Not the answer you want, but I concur with the OP below, if it is at all possible take an expedition type trip to AA. We used Hurtigruten and it far exceeded our highest expectations.

Rc

Even once you've added on the cost of HAL's Antarctica flight?

Check out accommodation in one of Hurtigruten's cabins on Deck 3* and you may be surprised at how close the two costs are.

* lower cost = lower down = more comfort in rough seas: 'the more you pay, the more you sway'...

Archived