Hotel in French Quarter

ANSWER911

BF(32) & I (26) are sailing the conquest in July. WE are looking to stay in french quarter the nite before the cruise. We need any reccomendations for hotels,reasonable restaurants, and also some nightlife. We we both like to enjoy a few drinks!

The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. The rooms are nice, the hotel is beautiful. There's a terrific pool if you're interested. To top it all off, it's right on Bourbon St. You're literally steps away from all the fun. It's about three or four blocks from Pat O'Brians, which is the very famous New Orleans bar/restaurant that offers the Hurricane drink.

Piece of advice: Only get ONE hurricane unless you expect to be rolled back to the hotel. This drink is very deceptively strong.

There's a Marriott on Canal St that's nice, and it's close to the ship pier. There's a new Astor Hotel right on the corner of Canal and Bourbon that is nice as well. Almost anything you find that is South of Bourbon and East of Canal will be fine.

Have fun in the Big Easy. It's a great town.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn on Royal St. one block from Bourban St. Pricey but was also Jazz Feast weekend .Nice hotel, clean and close to all the action

That's where we stayed. It was $129 for the night, plus we got to park for the 7 days of the cruise.

I just booked myself Saturday for a weekend in NO. So, I've done some research the last couple of days. Here are two interesting sites I used to plan:

FrenchQuarter.com: Your Essential Guide to New Orleans' Oldest Neighborhood

New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau info including New Orleans hotels, New Orleans convention center, and other information

I'm staying at the Bourbon Orleans in the heart of the Quarter. I got it through Priceline for $55+ taxes/fee= $71. The hotel website's lowest rate is $116, so I got a great deal.

Are you planning on doing any touristy things? Like the Imax, riverboat cruise, aquarium, zoo, ghosts/spirits or cemetary tour? If you are, there's something called a PowerPassCard I found through the Convention and Visitor's Bureau. It's $60/person and it gets you a whole slough of things for free, or discounted... and if there's a line, you go right to the front! Here's the page: NOMCVB Members - Member Listing

I hope this helps. Let me know if you want more info! :)

Here's another site: New Orleans Coupons

coupons for wine w/ dinner, discounts on meals, hotels, tours, 2 for 1 cruise, etc.

Same site: New Orleans Hotel Deals

hotel deals and availability calendar

Check hotel reviews at: New Orleans hotels: Read New Orleans hotel reviews and compare prices - TripAdvisor

Sorry for the overload. Just thought I'd pass it all along before I deleted it from my browser. :)

Archived