Decorating Cabin Window

cruisinmama0

Does anyone put something in the window so they can try to find and take a picture of their cabin from the outside when the ship is docked at a port of call?

I was thinking of getting those gel window stick on things and decorating the window. We used to set up a stuffed animal on the window ledge so we could find our cabin from the pier. It is just interesting to see where you are in relation to the "big picture" of the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

I always bring things that my youngest daughter has made at school. Whatever holiday it is, her class always makes a bunch of things. I remember one Thanksgiving cruise (she was 6) she had just made a beautiful turkey so I packed it along with some other things she made. When we got aboard she took great pride in hanging her art all over the room and mirror. She saved the turkey with his real multi-colored feathers for the window. While in Key West (our first stop) we were standing in line to reboard the ship when she got a glance of her master peice from the pier. She made such a big deal that others waiting in line with us saw it and commented on beautiful it was! It just so happened that we were the only ones on that whole side of the ship that had hung anything in our window! She was so proud for the rest of the week. Plus it gives her artwork a little longer life this way.:D

Cruizinrican

• 3 weeks later...

We had an aft cabin last cruise, and I brought a big red bow and tied it to the railing. When we got off the ship in Jamaica, it was very easy to spot our cabin, and I took a picture to show everyone back home.

Plust the ribbon pulled double duty. We used it on our luggage to identify at the airport too!

Archived