wheelchair accessible beaches in St Martin

du4mch

My family and I are cruising on NCL, January 24! We are wondering if there are any wheelchair accessible beaches in St Martin? My son is a Quadriplegic and would like to go to a beach bar area that offers some shade and drinks! He is not interested in transferring to a beach wheelchair, he just wants to enjoy the day relaxing by the beach, but the rest of the family would like to go for a swim and snorkel a bit! Any suggestions?

Hi there! There are a couple of suggestions that I can make off the top of my head. I've traveled here with my grandmother, who doesn't walk so well, so we rent her a wheelchair when we go on cruises. At St. Maarteen we go Maho beach quite a bit. That's the beach right by the airport. There is a nice bar and grill right on the beach (Sunset Bar and Grill). There is a nice beach there with some coral directly in front of restaurant, and the water is beutiful here. I think your son would love to watch the planes take off and land as well as the pretty water. They serve some pretty good grub too. Of course Great Bay is very accessable, that is the long beach that you can see from the port. There are numerous places to eat right off the beach. I do think Great Bay might be bit too crowded. There is a lot of jet skiing and boating going on right near the beach area. I perfer Maho Beach, hope this helps, and have a great time!:)