Looking for a Panama Canal Cruise to or from L.A.

misterjohnny

I'm trying to put together a family cruise, including my 3 kids age 2, 4, and 7, plus my sister, parents, and maybe an aunt/uncle or two. We want to leave out of L.A. to save on airfare. Does anyone know of a good 10 day cruise in or out of LA (San Diego would also work) going through the canal?

We were booked on a 21 day RT Panama Canal out of LA in April 2007 on the Dawn Princess. It was recently cancelled because Princess is changing around itineraries on some ships. We have read a post that the Regal Princess will be doing one or two 19 day Panama Canal RT out of LA in fall of 2006 and spring of 2007. It said they will be open for booking on the 20th of this month. I believe the Regal Princess is doing one of these cruises this November.

Check the websites for Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, NCL, and Princess.. with your diverse group these are probably best.. not many 10 dayers through the canal though.. Your other option is next fall when ships go back from west to east for the winter.. there will be many more options beginning in California

You didn't say when you want to go, but Celebrity has two sailings in November 2006: Infinity on the 5th and Summit on the 11th. Both leave from Los Angeles, both are 14 nights, and both end in Fort Lauderdale. We are booked on both, but are leaning toward Infinity because the dates work better for us. If you sail the Summit, you'll be onboard for Thanksgiving.

Check out RRCL. We are on the Serenade of the Seas for a full transit thru the canal. We sail October 17th from San Diego. It's a 12 night cruise. I believe they have one every April and October. For a reposition of the ship.

Good luck, I hope you find one you like.

Peggy

Archived