Hennessey White

titlediva

0d8a48c8-452c-409c-9a09-e6c868d4cbc7_zpskrxufxal.jpg

You are all welcome :) I purchased 12 bottles for a couple of friends and myself. It comes 6 to a box. Had to stock up since you cannot find this in the states.

Did you have to pay any additional money when leaving the ship thru Customs since your quantity you bought was over the allowed quantity ? Not sure how that works :confused: .

No I did not have to pay any taxes. I always make sure I declare everything on customs form, because I know I'm going to get stopped/pulled over. With the liquor I will total it up and write alcohol and the amount. I was asked how many bottles I had, was I planning on selling them and who were they for? Then he told me to have a safe trip back to NC. On my last cruise I had the same amount. I was pulled back into the customs area, where I was asked if I knew the custom limits (1 liter). I recited it, then he asked me what I had in each of the boxes. The customs agent proceeded to open every box and look at each of the bottles, also went through luggage. He said he was looking for the proof, size of the bottle and country that it was made in. I was told that since I was honest about what I had I was free to go. What they were looking for were the dishonest people. A few years ago I was pulled into the customs area with about the same amount and had to pay about $28 in taxes. I want to say it was the Port of Miami.

7eeb3145-57b1-4324-8b04-17c7b2137389_zpswmpcfzxs.jpgThis is from 10/2014 cruise

4 btls of Grey Goose

2 btls of Johnnie Walker Double Black

3 btls of Hennessy White

3 3-ltrs of Crown Royal

2 btls of chocolate Curacao

No I did not have to pay any taxes. I always make sure I declare everything on customs form, because I know I'm going to get stopped/pulled over. With the liquor I will total it up and write alcohol and the amount. I was asked how many bottles I had, was I planning on selling them and who were they for? Then he told me to have a safe trip back to NC. On my last cruise I had the same amount. I was pulled back into the customs area, where I was asked if I knew the custom limits (1 liter). I recited it, then he asked me what I had in each of the boxes. The customs agent proceeded to open every box and look at each of the bottles, also went through luggage. He said he was looking for the proof, size of the bottle and country that it was made in. I was told that since I was honest about what I had I was free to go. What they were looking for were the dishonest people. A few years ago I was pulled into the customs area with about the same amount and had to pay about $28 in taxes. I want to say it was the Port of Miami.

7eeb3145-57b1-4324-8b04-17c7b2137389_zpswmpcfzxs.jpgThis is from 10/2014 cruise

4 btls of Grey Goose

2 btls of Johnnie Walker Double Black

3 btls of Hennessy White

3 3-ltrs of Crown Royal

2 btls of chocolate Curacao

Thank you for all that great info :) ! Was wondering what that process would be like & any additional taxes.