NCL STAR OCT 30-Nov 20, 2016 Rome to Dubai

Mike NYC

I'll be on board. I usually stop by the FoD events to say hi.

I would be interested in sharing a taxi at Katakolon to get to Olympia and back -- at least if the train schedule on our port day doesn't allow that option.

I also expect to be doing self-arranged travel by train to Sorrento, Tel Aviv, and Jerusalem, then exploring those places on foot. I'd be interested in meeting others who might like to join me in some part of those adventures.

Greg in St. Louis

I would be interested in sharing a taxi at Katakolon to get to Olympia and back -- at least if the train schedule on our port day doesn't allow that option.

I'd be interested in meeting others who might like to join me in some part of those adventures.

Greg in St. Louis

I took the bus, to Olympia it was lots of fun!

http://www.katakolon.org/katakolon-train.html

I'm also interested in meeting others who might like to join me in some part of independent adventures.

My sister is a Tour person but sometimes joins me. She's booked a few tours to Israel, Sicily and a few other ports.

In Athens last time we stayed 3 days and did everything by our own, we even took the train and bus to the Cruise Port from the city. I recommend a Hop On-Off bus from the pier, for about $30 makes spending the day in Athens easy, they take you everywhere you want to go for less and no hassles on how to get there.

I also recommend in Naples the Hop On-Off bus from the pier, for about $30 makes spending the day in easy and cheaper then getting to many of the places.

Last timewe were in Naples Annie went on a tour to Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi coast. I stayed in Town walked around, spent half a day at the museum. I plan to go to Pompeii, easy from the train, just a few blocks away from the cruise port and may do the Hop on Bus.

ALSO IN ROME THEY OFFER A 2 DAY PASS AND VATICAN ADVANCE TICKETS FOR ABOUT $7O, THE VATICAN PASS ALONE IS $40, makes the day easier and simpler going to place to place

Google the city and Hop On-Off bus for more info.

You can download the maps hOP-oN- oFF too

Edited by Mike NYC

The current online bus schedule doesn't appear to allow for making it to Olympia and back during our port time. The train info link suggests that there may be a special train or two scheduled for cruise passengers that day. That's what I'm hoping for. A taxi would be a back-up plan.

I am also planning to go to Pompeii by train, so perhaps we could coordinate that. I will be in Naples twice and want to do Pompeii on one day and Sorrento on the other. (I'll also be on the Star Oct. 23-30.) Maybe add Herculaneum on the return. I'd thought to be doing Sorrento on Oct. 31 but may switch and go to Pompeii that day instead.

The train info link suggests that there may be a special train or two scheduled for cruise passengers that day. That's what I'm hoping for. A taxi would be a back-up plan.

Hi Gregg, I am also planning to go to Pompeii by train, so perhaps we could coordinate that.

I want to go to back to Olympia by train and as you wrote a Taxi as a back up to return.

Would also like to also meet up to go to Pompeii by Train. We will talk (write) before so we can coordinate the trip.

We did a Back to Back on the NCL Gem and loved it. We went twice to 4 cities Rome, Barcelona, Monaco, Livorno and were able to do so much more not having to choose just one thing.

NCL STAR OCT 30-Nov 20, 2016 Rome to Dubai by Mike NYC (GWHM@AOL.COM) post 5 Read viewed 187 times. :cool:

So sad, the regular Rool Call is over 6 months old, has almost 1,000 post and this one is less then 2 weeks only 3 people have COME OUT, 7 posts 4 written by me but it is being looked at by 187 times up to now. :eek:

Who are you......... It's OK to be in the Closet, I'm sure many are. I'M SURE AT THE FOD ATLEAST 25-40 PEOPLE WILL SHOW UP. :D

It's nice to know who else will be going, what tours will you take, advice for where to go, to see, where to eat at some of the ports. But nothing is being shared. :rolleyes:

Shall we get together for a Bon Voyage? Let me know, write me privately or post, whatever.... Say Hi, get to know who we are! :)

Edited by Mike NYC

• 4 weeks later...