Room decorations

Nectarologist

Does anyone have any ideas for decorating the room or is there something that you usually do to make the place your own? I know that you can order a package that will have the room decorated but I'm sure that people just do it themselves & it probably looks a lot better then the generic streamers the cruise lines put up. Thanks for the ideas!:)

• 2 weeks later...

I also ordered from orientaltrading.

Very cheap! Compared to Carnival prices on room decorations.

Oriental is not high quality items, but I had them shipped to our hotel we are staying at the night before the cruise and tossed them after.

You might consider those pop-up tissue paper thingys for decor in your cabin. At most party supply stores they have different items in the tissue paper/pop-up type decorations. You could do themes such as tropical (fish & netting), hot chili peppers, flamingos, poker, wedding bells, etc...depending on your preference. These and blow up items are very easy to pack along...and only a few bucks ;)

Or, relevant international decor would be interesting...I've seen small flags for various countries you may be going to ports of...tape (removable) from your ceiling or balcony.

We like to hang something recognizable from our balcony so when we're in port we can spot our cabin on the ship :p

Have fun with it!

Archived