airport to galveston hotel transportation

cod

Hello all!

Couldn't get a flight into Hobby and would greatly appreciation suggestions on getting from Intercontinental to Galveston in the evening..7:30ish. The airport 'ground transportation' site doesn't indicate any service going to Galveston and I haven't been able to contact the limo service listed. (I'm afraid it would be out of our budget anyway but would like to know what it does cost if anybody reading this has gone that route). Then there is renting a car for a night/day which is affordable for us. If that turns out to be our only choice, so be it.

Thanks for any ideas you can offer!

Hate to say it but the car rental is the lowest cost way to go. We are going that way in April due to the cost of $120 or more for transfers vs the car at $65 to $70 to get to the hotel in Galveston. Hertz if called there in IAH will book the car for you or you can do it online with Hertz. If you find some other way for two people that isnt way out of this world let me know. I think your on our cruise we are on maybe also. Our flight gets in at 3pm that day.

Hi prairie fox! Yes, we're on the Splendour and I remember seeing some of your posts! We are driving to Galveston and leaving our car there. After the cruise we fly into Houston and at that point we need to get back to Galveston and the car.

We are staying 4 nights in Lisbon..I doubt we'll ever get a chance to go there again.

Like Casko, I'm curious about the $120. Was it a shuttle of sorts or the limo? We will probably break down and rent a car (too). Hertz and Enterprise both have Galveston locations and I'm sure they'll allow us to drop it off there.

We are really looking forward to this vacation as I'm sure you both are!

One place read "Luxury Town Car Sedan $134.00" plus they added this, "Due to the recent increase in fuel prices Royal Carriages Limousine is temporarily adding a 5% Service Transportation Charge (STC - Fuel surcharge) to all Airport Transfers (Point to Point Transportation) as of June 1st 2005." :eek: A place called Extreme Elegance told us ,"We can offer you a PRIVATE LUXURY SEDAN for $90 plus gratuity."

Galveston Limo service told me ," Private transfers are available at $250.00 :eek: one way, for two persons or one way rates of $35.00 per person with a group on a bus plus extra fee(20.00per bag) for more then two bags a person.(two checked bag and one carry on bag).

This is why we picked the car rental. If you had been flying into Houston the same day we could have maybe shared a car rental to the hotel but that isnt going to work as you are going the other way from us.

Where in Lisbon are you staying?? We are still trying to look at places for the night we will be there.

If you want to email us that is fine also.

blcoats@kci.net

Hope what I have already found out on cars/transfers helps you in your looking. If you need email addy to any of these or a phone number I do have that also.

try action limousine 866-624-7433 ask for robin

she was very helpful but we got a 28 passenger bus for $245 for 21 passengers..try them they had the best prices by far and we are going from bush to galveston hotel

Archived