Mobile Alabama - Admiral Semmes Radisson?

Beth

Hello Beth. I have never stayed at the Admiral Semmes but it was highly recommended to me. They have in the past had a cruise package, but when I tried to get it for my June 24th sailing I was told it was unavailable. It would be worth calling and asking about it.

I'm interested in good restaurant recommendations too.

Beth,

We stayed at the Adm. Semmes. It is an old but beautiful hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable. When we stayed there they offered a package that included parking/shuttle and breakfast.

The "good restaurant" depends on whether you have a vehicle. Anyone in the area can direct you to the causeway. There you have a wide selection of seafood restaurants. My favorite was the Bluegill. It was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina but may be open by now. If you are without a vehicle there are many local restaurants within easy walking distance of the Adm. Semmes. The Hotel is within the historical district and Cajan food is everywhere. Like anywhere you can find wide price ranges. We walked until we found what we wanted at a price we liked.

The Radisson is a nice hotel righ tin the middle of downtown Mobile...maybe 5 minutes from the cruise port...

As far as nice places to east, check out all the restrauants on the causeway (from hotel, take a right on Hwy 90 and go through the tunnel, you'll come out on the causeway.)

Bluegill is now reopened as well as Original Oyster House(better food than Bluegill but you can sit right on the water at Bluegill). There are also 4 or 5 other restraunts on the causeway, al seafood and all very good. My recommendation is between bluegill and Oyster House.

You'll love Mobile! It's a great place.

...Bluegill is now reopened as well as Original Oyster House(better food than Bluegill but you can sit right on the water at Bluegill). There are also 4 or 5 other restraunts on the causeway, al seafood and all very good. My recommendation is between bluegill and Oyster House.

You'll love Mobile! It's a great place.

Thanks. I hoped someone would fill-in the gaps. I go to the Bluegill for one reason, Royal Reds. They always have them. In fact, I will be down next month. Guess where I'll eat?

The Bluegill:

http://www.bluegillrestaurant.com/

• 1 month later...

So glad to find this thread. We are booked at this hotel July 21. Will be leaving on the Holiday on the 22. We got a "park & cruise" special for $129 including breakfast for 2 in the restaurant & shuttle to & from the ship. Looking forward to the Bluegill and royal reds!:)

Archived