Emerald vs Dolphin mini suite and obstructed views

clandt

We are planning to join the CP on it's July 10th sailing.

We want a mini-suite and others in our group will be on Emerald so my husband thought we should be too. I thought the suites/balcony look smaller on that level.

Any idea on the size difference for those?

Others are looking at Category G anyone have this?

Thanks so much!

Christy

Sorry Suzanne my post is confusing.

My husband and I are taking the mini-suite and I don't believe their views are obstructed.

Our family and friends who wanted inside cabins (but all are booked) are looking at taking the obstructed views on Emerald.

I thought the balcony looked smaller on the Emerald.

Christy

Oh I see, Did you take an AC or AD? I am waiting to see which one we get. Is it your understanding that they are all the same size (mini) just different locations?

You are the first person I found on 7/10 sailing! We are travelling with 16 people, all family.

We are trying to decide between the AC and AD. They may be the same size inside, I just want to know if the balcony is the same.

There will be about 10 of us (maybe more) going to celebrate my husbands 40th Birthday!

Are you going for a family reunion?

Christy

yes, a family reunion. 16 of us, My 19 month old will be with us, I think the mini will be much needed for the extra room. I was told we are on a waiting list for a mini, but I should be able to get one?

Suzanne

Waiting list? Why would you need to be on a list? We are just booking our cruise today and had plenty of mini suites to pick from!

With 3 of you -- I think a mini would be best! We got it as we figure it would be a gathering place for everyone to meet. Plus my husband really wanted one!

SuzW

I just read your other post with rude comments from people about bringing your 19 month old. We don't have any children ...yet. If we did I would not want to leave them home! No matter what their age I would want to take them!!!!

Christy

All of the mini-suite balconies are the same size, with the exception of the ones farthest aft on both Dolphin and Emerald - those 4 have extended balconies.

None of the mini-suite balconies are obstructed icon_smile.gif

Hope that helps!

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

thanks Christy, thanks Amber!

Christy,

I called Princess and they said that there are only 5 AB's avail and 3 AA's. We wanted AC or AD due to cost and they said that they are all booked up?

Did you book online? Maybe some of these sites take a block of rooms and then release them as it gets closer? I am unsure

Suzanne

suzanne,

What the?? I just called princess today to find out if there was a price drop. We put a deposit on an AE that came up. All they have now are basically AC's and the Princess Rep said and I quote 'There are LOTS of them available'. I figured we would be upgrade to one of them and didn't worry about the price difference.

We booked through a local TA that just does cruises -- They got us money back from our honeymoon Carnival cruise -- Long story ...

Christy

Archived