Holiday Inn on the Beach - Galveston

KirkCrew

I know that the Holiday Inn on the Beach has a shuttle that will take you to the port but does anyone know what the parking situation is while you are cruising. Is it covered parking? Do you know of any hotels there in Galveston that do have covered parking along with shuttle service?

We sailed out of Galveston in March of 2005. We stayed one night pre-cruise at the Galvez. They kept our car in their parking garage for the entire 12-night cruise. We got a great online rate that just about equaled what the cost of parking at the pier would have been. Can't beat that. And the shuttle service worked perfectly, both to and from the pier. The Galvez is a beautiful, historical hotel as well, right across from the seawall.

Becky

When I made the reservation they told me parking was not covered but is watched by staff. Shuttel is free and if the cruise is delayed for some reason you can stay in your room until time to go at no additional charge. It is $35 to park at easy park and I paid $128 for the night if you subtract what I saved in parking it makes the room under $100, not a bad deal.

Good luck where ever you stay. Remember book early as things book quick.

Archived