Celebrity Cruisers are nothing but SNOBS!!!

Danno

After just a few cruises on Celebrity I think a can state that Celebrity passengers are nothing but SNOBS!! I know this is true and I can prove it!!

a)people actually hold doors for others...how condesending!!

b)I never saw one person drunk, or vomiting, in the halls...It's your vacation, don't be such a prude!!

c)all the other passengers were properly dressed for dinner, EVERY NIGHT!!...how pretentious!!

d)I hear everyone showed up for dinner the last night...I work too hard for my money to give it to some guys who can't speak english rightly!!

e)They looked at me kinda snooty like when I used my walkie-talkie in the diningroom...hey, I haven't seen little Bubba for 30 hours. I gots to keep in touch with him, bein' a good parent and all.

f)some of these snots are actually nice to the staff...just get me my beer pal, I don't need small talk with the help.

g)Not only are the snobs but they're dumb snobs!! I brought on two cases of beer and three bottles of JD...I didn't have to pay for a drink until the third day!!

h)I don't know how these fancy folk got so much money anyhow...when I tried to tell this fella how cheap I got this cruise he didn't care. When I asked him what he paid he got downright snarky. I couldn't saved him a bundle at K-Mart Cruises if he'da just listened.

i)one guy actually called me "rude" when I didn't bother to check in at immigration until 11am...hey, I only live a 40min drive from the port. It's not like I got a plane to catch!

So now you have it...we are indeed snobs!! And I truly believe the best thing we can do it too promote this MYTH!! If this is what it takes to keep this cruise line special, then I say we all strive to be polite, considerate, and abide by the rules...if this is what it takes to keep the riff-raff on other lines, how can we lose??

Well then.. I'm proud to consider myself a snob as well. I love travelling with Celebrity and other cruise lines like them. Hear, hear for manners and being considerate.

Maybe we should start an "I'm a Celebrity Snob and proud of it" club...I think we can count on our CC hosts to provide designer casual golf shirts with our logo embroidered tastefully on the sleeve.

Are we letting Walt, Laura and Anne in??

Maybe we should start an "I'm a Celebrity Snob and proud of it" club...I think we can count on our CC hosts to provide designer casual golf shirts with our logo embroidered tastefully on the sleeve.

Are we letting Walt, Laura and Anne in??

As a current member, I don't want anyone else! How is that for Snob appeal? :D

i)one guy actually called me "rude" when I didn't bother to check in at immigration until 11am...hey, I only live a 40min drive from the port. It's not like I got a plane to catch!

Okay, someone will have to help me. I'm not ill mannered by dispostion, only by ignorance. Since I am still waiting to take my first cruise, I don't understand what this one is all about.

I can help...no one is allowed off the ship until EVERYONE has been cleared. It is not unusual to hear a few people paged, and paged, and paged to check in for clearance. The rest of us nave to choice but to sit with our bags and wait until these half-wits have noticed that they are being summoned.

When you have an early flight this can be very stressful!! I am booking my flights home later in the day now...another example of the "riff-raff effect".

Okay, someone will have to help me. I'm not ill mannered by dispostion, only by ignorance. Since I am still waiting to take my first cruise, I don't understand what this one is all about.

Hopefully, this won't happen to you, first cruise and all. If it does, perchance, you will be painfully aware of the meaning. :D

It is, as Danno posted. :)

It must be nice to be so special as to be on a Celebrity cruise. Friends of ours are trying to convince us to book one with them as part of a group they are organizing. I was concerned because some of the people in the group are considered to be among the snottier ones at the club. The tone of these message boards does nothing to dispell that impression. Why cruise a line where I have to put up with the worst aspects of the Limousine Liberals and Country Club Republicans?

To all you people out there who've never cruised on Celebrity and are basing the pax mix on this thread - please don't.

I don't know what life has done to these people, but they sure have a truly unfriendly approach to life - otherwise why would they continue to post such "incendierary" topics?

I don't think the vast majority of us need to be "guided" by these people into acting like civilized human beings. In fact, I'm not sure they would be good at guiding us.

Someone has to "guide" these people...apparently their parents never found the time to do so.

While my original post was meant to somewhat humourous, my message was not...I don't want to cruise with people who aren't respectful of others. Let them cruise elsewhere.

Someone has to "guide" these people...apparently their parents never found the time to do so.

While my original post was meant to somewhat humourous, my message was not...I don't want to cruise with people who aren't respectful of others. Let them cruise elsewhere.

And referring to others as "riff-raff" is disrespectful, rude, and condescending. Not surprising considering the source, however.

Danno, My next 2 cruises are on Carnival and Princess. Does this disqualify me from being a member of the Celebrity Snob Club?

I solumnly swear to be uphold the Snobby Tradition of the Celebrity Snob club on those cruises.

FWIW, My understanding is the Spirit Class ships on Carnival cater to a much "Snobbier" crowd than the rest of the fleet (I'll be going on the Legend) and from what I have seen here on CC Princess is just as Snobby, if not as Snobby as Celebrity so I don't think I will be out of place.

BTW, If you get a chance read some of the posts on the Princess board. You would think you were on this one. The only difference is the names of the posters and the ships they are going on.

And referring to others as "riff-raff" is disrespectful, rude, and condescending. Not surprising considering the source, however.

Ouch... condescending reference to the author about being condescending??

A riff-raff by any other name would be as precise... or was that a smelly rose? ... the source escapes me...

I don't think the vast majority of us need to be "guided" by these people into acting like civilized human beings. In fact, I'm not sure they would be good at guiding us.

This is a case of, the blind leading the blind....... :D

"While my original post was meant to somewhat humourous, my message was not...I don't want to cruise with people who aren't respectful of others."

I feel the same way, Danno. If you represent the average Celebrity passenger, I will forego the cruise entirely. I haven't seen much on any of these boards that convinces me to cruise. I can get my fill of complaints and petty bickering elsewhere.

Archived