Useful Sites for Air

Blu

YAPTA.com--Alerts you to price drops and refund possibilities for specific flights. Requires a software download.

FARECOMPARE.com--Offers historical pricing information.

FARECAST.com--Predicts whether to buy or wait and offers insurance against higher prices. It will, in some cases, show you how many seats are currently available at a particular fare.

I am not affiliated with any of the above sites. I read about them yesterday in the WSJ.

Deborah

Kayak.com is also a good site to compare airfares. You can sort the results in a number of ways...from price to number of stops to the length of the layover. I've found it to be very useful when planning a trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say Global Marine Travel who are listed as partners on the SD site have come up with a very competitive fare from Miami to London in November; they are quoting USD999 for Economy Plus on BA, ba.com is USD1300 (as an emplyee of BA I get 10% off that fare so USD1170).

Needless to say my loyalty to my employer has gone out of the window on this one! :D

• 6 years later...
Have to say Global Marine Travel who are listed as partners on the SD site have come up with a very competitive fare from Miami to London in November; they are quoting USD999 for Economy Plus on BA, ba.com is USD1300 (as an emplyee of BA I get 10% off that fare so USD1170).

Needless to say my loyalty to my employer has gone out of the window on this one! :D

Global Marine is a good source for finding the best airfare when going on a cruise. They handle air for several cruise lines but they do work with customers directly going on any line from any port. Their site is www.flyissgmt.com and you can email them for a quote or fill out the flight request form on the website. And they do answer back quickly.

Archived