Meet & Greets

GrumpaTom

I know that RCCL does a lot of the organizing for Meet & Mingles but it does not look like the other cruise lines help as much in setting them up (I may be wrong on this), so I thought that maybe a discussion for M&G organizer ideas would help the rest of us.

So, To start the discussion I know that we have the roll calls available to help get people talking. Someone needs to take the initiative to get the M&G started but where do we go from there?

In the RCCL Roll Calls they have a door sign available.

I got a nametag template from another organizer

Door Prizes were suggested

Requesting a Shop Discount was suggested

Who would we contact at the cruise lines to set up a M&G (I found a contact at NCL to set up ours but this is something that could help others)

Whatever suggestions do you have?

• 1 month later...

In March, we cruised on Celebrity Millennium after many months of communicating on the roll call boards. There was a young woman who loved organizing things and she organized a "sail-away" meeting at the poolside bar, a "gift exchange" meeting, where each person brought a small gift representative of his or her home area and a "poker crawl". These things were in addition to the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle party hosted by the cruise line.

The poker crawl was so much fun! We started in one cabin, where the hosts provided snacks and drinks and each person received one playing card after paying $5. We progressed through the cabins, having snacks and drinks in each one and receiving another playing card. We had five cabins in our "crawl". You could have more. In the last cabin, the person with the best poker hand won the money pot. We got to know each other very well over the course of the afternoon/early evening, got to see a number of different cabin types - family view, rear veranda, Celebrity Suite, Sky Suite, etc., and enjoyed snacks and a number of different drinks prepared by the hosts. After communicating on the roll call board all those months, it was great to have these activities together onboard the ship, rather than just the one meet & mingle party provided by the cruiseline. The biggest problem was finding a block of time for the poker crawl with all the other activities on the ship.

Doris

Archived