Puerta Vallarta Resort Getaway excursion

sfgiants72

Hi all,

I will be a solo traveler to Mexico as of 9/27. Spending a day on the PV beach is extremely appealing to me and I am eyeing the resort getaway excursion being offered by RCCL. My question is is it worth the cost (I think about $70) or is it best to just go at it on my own and take a cab to a resort of my choice? I imagine the latter will be recommended by many but since I am a solo female, I'm hesitant to take it to the PV streets on my own and am willing to spend a little more in order to subscribe to a RCCL excursion.

Bottom line, looking for opinions either way.

Thanks!

I recommend going to NH Krystal, only a 10 minute walk from the ship. The resort is gorgeous, with nice pools and oceanfront chairs to sit by the ocean. I believe they charge $20 to enter, but it went toward anything you bought there, such as drinks and/or lunch, etc. So it would be a credit to use during your stay. We have been there many times.

Gerry

Archived