Vision of the Seas - Cabin 2604?

I just booked a Vision of the Seas cruise to Alaska for June 24, '05. I want to see out but wanted to pay as little as I could so have an outside cabin on deck 2, 2604.

Has anyone had this cabin and if so, what did you think? If not this cabin, what about deck 2 itself?

We're travelling on the Vision 6/25/04 almost a year to the day earlier than you. You can take a look at your room by going to [url="http://www.cruisestateroom.com"]www.cruisestateroom.com[/url]. At least you have a regular window. We booked an outside guarantee and got stuck with a room with two port holes instead of a window. I've been told that the port hole is two to three feet back from the wall, so it's like looking through a telescope. I'm a little disappointed. But what can you do.

Great - thanks for the info. Please post info when you return - I'd love to hear how it went. We are also taking one of the after cruise tours up to Talkeetna and Denali - it sounds interesting. We are sailing the Disny Wonder in mid December - it will be interesting to compare the two.

The Disney Wonder will be fun. A totally different experience than the Vision. Sounds like you have an exciting year ahead. I'll definitely post some stuff after we get back. We cruise only 6 weeks from today so it will be here before you know it.

We are very regretful that we didn't book a cruise tour. I think that would have given us a lot more opportunity to explore Alaska. Too late now though. Maybe next time. Our flight doesn't leave Anchorage when we get off the ship until 11:30 at night. So we rented a car in Seward to explore for the day on our way back to Anchorage. So at least that's something extra. It better be good though, the car cost $200 a day and it's not anything special. It's just the only place you can rent from in Seward. So they get you good.

Archived