A Plus Towncar Seattle?

Sparkle 123

Hope someone can put my mind at rest!

I have a reservation for A Plus Towncar to pick us up from Sea-Tac to the Westin downtown.

Their rates are very reasonable at $35 plus tip.

I chose them from a recommendation on these boards, however I havent seen any recent reviews of them and wondered if anyone has had any recent experience with this company. Now I am thinking we should maybe pay the extra $10 and use Already There which are very well recommended on the internet.

Any thoughts?

Hello Abbafan we are also arriving into Seattle on Sept 26 for a cruise on Sept 27 aboard the Westerdam. Are you by chance on the same cruise? I have just started to try and figure out a way to get the 6 of us from the airport to the Westin Seattle as well. What options did you come up with? Any info would be greatly appreciated. If you are on the same cruise as us we should meet up at the hotel for a coffee. If you are on the same cruise have you checked out the message board for our cruise under Roll Calls? We have been talking back and forth with others on the cruise for months. Add a post here or better yet email me at home at fentons (@) sunlite (.) ca just remove the parenthesis and squeeze together to get my email address. I post it like this because the bots online are searching for email addresses to sell the address to junk mailers. I made the mistake of posting my old email address online once last year and before I knew it I was receiving over 100 junk emails a day.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Vince

PS

We are Vince and Karen (mid 40's) travelling with our 3 children Jason (21), Jordan (19), and Chelsea (17), as well as my mother (mid 60's) from Salmon Arm, British Columbia

Hi Vince

We are arriving in Seattle on the 3rd October and we are on the Mercury 5th October PNW cruise so unfortunately we are not on the same cruise! Thanks for the offer of meeting up though.

The other options I looked into are the Grayline airport bus but the Westin is the last stop and as there is a large group of you I think a private van transfer would be your best bet.

Most folks on these boards highly recommend Already There Towncars and I am now wondering if we should use them instead of A Plus due to the lack of recent recommendations for them.

Decisions decisions....

Hope you all have a great time on the Westerdam.

Lisa

Hope you guys have a great time as well. We are very cheap when we use transfers preferring to save our money for excursions etc. Last night I decided to rent a mini van at Sea Tac and return it to the same place. I got it for $35 plus tax at priceline via bidding. If it is only the 2 of you then all you need is a compact which would be cheap, cheap. I will take everyone to the pier early and return the car to the airport. Then I'll take the Metro bus route #194 from the airport to University and Tunnel. Then walk about 0.1 miles NE to 4th and University and catch the Metro bus route #24 to the pier. The whole trip takes about 55 min from the airport to the pier but the best part is it only costs $1.75. A one way rental from the airport to downtown was at least 3-4 times the cost of returning to the airport. And hey it adds to the excitement of the whole thing :D

Take care and enjoy

Vince

• 2 weeks later...

We used A Plus Town Car for our recent cruise in September. They were the cheapest rate I could find and they were very reliable. I was also nervous about using them since I hadn't read much about thier service, however I would definitely go with them again.

• 2 weeks later...

Update!!

We decided to stick with A plus too. $35 plus tip from airport to Westin Downtown, very reliable, called them when we had cleared customs and picked up our bags, they told us where they would pick us up outside arrivals, waited no more than 10 mins.

Would definitely recommend them.

Archived