Frontship mini-suites

jlq3d3

Sorry, it is the island princes. The front 2 mini-suites on each side (category AF) are much less than other mini-suites on a few TA sites, although not the Princess site. What is their drawback, if any? Thanks!

Haven't been on Island but have sailed on Coral her sister. We were in a balcony on Caribe just behind the front bumpout.

I'd say that being that far forward on the vessel you're more apt to feel the motion of the ship as she cuts through the ocean. On Coral we had a rather dismal night before SFO and Capt Pomato had a seriously ill crewmember onboard. He put her FS forward and even on Caribe we could distinctly hear the crashing of the bow into the sea as we plowed forward to SFO.

Where you really hear the noise is if you have a cross current or crosswind, then the ship's bow tends to send spray up the windward side of the vessel.

This might be one reason, but in no way limits the possible existence of other reasons also.

Hope this helped.

Ciao for now!!!

We were in a forward mini with balcony on the Coral on the Baja Deck about 6 months ago. Although I'm extremely sensitive to the ship's motion, I felt very little motion in this area.

It might have been the cruise (Panama, full-transit) and/or the relatively calm seas, but I usually feel seas of 2 to 3 feet, and we certainly had those most of the time, and I think we topped-out at 5 to 6 feet on the last leg of the trip to Fort Lauderdale.

Archived