Grand Cayman - Advice Needed Please

vauban

Our ship - Carnival's Liberty - gets in to Grand Cayman at 07.30am (no time difference between Miami ship and Island time in February I believe).

We're booked to do Moby Dick's stingray tour at 0900 which gets us back to the dock, they say, at 1230. I then want to do the Atlantis submarine tour which leaves at 1.30pm.

The submarine tour finishes at 3pm, and our ship leaves at 4.30pm.

So questions:

Am I cutting this too fine?

Is there anywhere near the dock where we can pick up a sandwich to sustain us between stringrays and the sub?

And does finishing at 3pm allow us enough time to get back on the ship (I assume it's not a problem - but as the old saying goes, assume just makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me";)).

There are places to grab some food near the dock. Personally I would not do 2 excursions on the same day in Cayman because you never know if you will be delayed by traffic, weather etc. The stingray is a can't miss if you have never done it, you will have a great time.

Actually they're booked privately. But given that the submarine docks only five minutes from the tenders (as I understand it), I think 90 mins leaves us plenty of time to get back on the ship. But shout if I've got that wrong!

(I was more worried about only an hour between the two tours, but I think that ought to be fine too).

Our ship - Carnival's Liberty - gets in to Grand Cayman at 07.30am (no time difference between Miami ship and Island time in February I believe).

We're booked to do Moby Dick's stingray tour at 0900 which gets us back to the dock, they say, at 1230. I then want to do the Atlantis submarine tour which leaves at 1.30pm.

The submarine tour finishes at 3pm, and our ship leaves at 4.30pm.

So questions:

Am I cutting this too fine?

Is there anywhere near the dock where we can pick up a sandwich to sustain us between stringrays and the sub?

And does finishing at 3pm allow us enough time to get back on the ship (I assume it's not a problem - but as the old saying goes, assume just makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me";)).

If you end up not doing two excursions, Moby Dick will drop you off at 7mile beach instead of the pier if you want. You could spend the second part of your day there and get some food too.

If you are doing private tours, the ship will not wait for you if you are late. If you are doing ship tours, the ship will wait. You'll be taking your chances.

At the end of the pier, across the street to the right, there is a small green building. It sells burgers, fries, and such, but what I tried there was a turtle burger. Some of the turtles from the Turtle farm end up there for usage. In my opinion, use a LOT of ketchup. ;)

The Atlantis submarine stays on a tight schedule leaving on the hour every hour and is really close to where you tender. There are several places to grab a quick bite. Overpriced but it's there. Turtle burgers??? What were you thinking?:confused:

The Atlantis submarine stays on a tight schedule leaving on the hour every hour and is really close to where you tender. There are several places to grab a quick bite. Overpriced but it's there. Turtle burgers??? What were you thinking?:confused:

I'm thinking, what the hell, why not! I've been graced by the USAF, timesharing, and cruising, to see many parts of the US, Europe, Africa, and the Caribbean (so far...still so many places to go). I always try something new anywhere I go if the opportunity presents itself. Sausage Rolls in England (along with a pint of Tetley's....yum), Kaesespaetzlte in Germany, Goat Pizza in Italy, I don't know what the hell I had in Egypt but it tasted good so let's leave it at that, etc..... If it won't kill me then all it can do is taste good or bad, mostly it's been good. The turtle burger was so-so....give it a try sometime, you might find you like it! ;)

Archived