Do not hate me

jbkinny

So it has been 2 years since we have cruised. We are going on the Victory next sunday. There is 8 of us traveling together. Last time in

San Juan we all went to duty free bought some booze to enjoy on our balconys. Now is it true what I have been reading they will take it away

any way you try to get on ship. Has anyone been on the Victory had it taken or got it aboard. We buy plenty of drinks on board and book lots of

shoretrip in 7 days. Not trying to start trouble again:rolleyes:

So it has been 2 years since we have cruised. We are going on the Victory next sunday. There is 8 of us traveling together. Last time in

San Juan we all went to duty free bought some booze to enjoy on our balconys. Now is it true what I have been reading they will take it away

any way you try to get on ship. Has anyone been on the Victory had it taken or got it aboard. We buy plenty of drinks on board and book lots of

shoretrip in 7 days. Not trying to start trouble again:rolleyes:

No sure answer. Anecdotally, some people are saying "all my booze was taken," while others are saying "all mine got through just fine."

Personally, I think the odds are good, and so there will be rum runners in my suitcases next month. But I'm prepared (and you should be too) for the possibility that my alcohol will be seized. If it is, it is. It won't ruin my trip.

All your stuff must go through x-ray when you get back on the ship. I'm doubting they'll allow food or alcohol (but I may be wrong).

edit: Oh, I guess I just assumed you meant when you were at your ports of call. If you mean when you first board... there are plenty of threads about that on here. Just keep reading.

In the past we brought on alcohol and it made it just fine to our cabin. I would say the odds are with you but then again, you never know. Distribute it throughout different pieces of luggage so if some gets confiscated you may still have some left in other bags.

OH..... ask G'ma. She knows EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! ;)

Archived