Buck Island - do you have to snorkel?

remmebr

We are visiting St. Croix in early March on a RCL trip. My family wants to book the Buck Island excursion through RCL...however, I do not snorkel. Is it worth the excursion if you do not snorkel? Do they let you stay on the boat while others snorkel or can I just sit on a beach? Just wondering if it would be worth my time. Thanks.

Buck is fabulous and you do not have to snorkle if you choose not to. I've seen others skip the snorkelling and simply sun themselves on the boat. I've done this myself while my Dad was here- but I stayed under the shade and read my book while he snorkelled, the water is not warm enough for me in January- spoiled much, lol?

Most excursions stop on Buck's East side to snorkel from the boat, and then everyone boards the boat and nips over to the West side, where fabulous Turtle Beach awaits. I suspect the order can get switched, on busy days. But if you elect not to snorkel, you will wait aboard the boat.

FYI, if you are not a good swimmer or a timid snorkeller, the boat staff is WONDERFUL about helping you in the water and making sure you are safe and having fun. Not sure why you don't snorkel- just letting you know you have options.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the information, it was very helpful. I've tried snorkeling and ended up drinking more salt water than I would have liked. I prefer to just relax. Does the boat allow you to get off at Turtle Bay and hang out on the beach? Thanks again!

Remmebr ,

Peacha is dead on , as usual , 2 of our 6 didn't snorkel on a full day tour and had a blast . They did get off at Turtle beach to swim sun and explore . We went with Big Beards to avoid crowds and would rate them a ten.

But there are other operators check reviews and vet them . Good Luck , Ted

Archived