X-Treme Cave Tubing question.....

ro80

We just have a question about the trek to the cave tubing. On the website it says there are a lot of steps you have to go up and down to the dry caves, we have some people with not so good knees and is this going to be a problem for them if we do??? We know there is a 30-minute walk to the caves but just wondering about the steps.....

I have done the cave tubing twice and I would highly recommend it for all family groups. The walk is not all that hard and if you are on a private excursion, the tour guides will take your tube if you are having problems.

Two things you have to keep in mind. If you take a private shore excursion you will have a longer walk and I remember having to go down some steps to get to the water and you will have to turn around and drop "butt first" into the tube. Sounds hard but the tour guides are there to help you. Now if you take the ships shore excursion you will not have to walk quite a far and you enter the water at a sand bar which is not hard at all.

The difference is the private shore excursion goes thur two caves and all tubes are hooked together by each persons legs. Also the tour guides are at the front and back to steer you correctly and to let you know when "butts up" as there are several places where your lower portion could drag.

My understanding is the ships shore excursion only goes thru one cave and most of the time everybody floats free and this is where they have problems and people get hurt as they do not know the caves and the flow of the water.

Army isnt entirely correct..

Different excursion companies offer different tours. X-stream does the 2 cave system so you have to walk about 5-10 mins farther then some of the other tours....but well worth it! Most tours only do a single cave system. When we went we were the ONLY group doing the 2nd cave entrance. As we passed the entrance that most people use there was about 60-80+ people lined up waiting to get in the water. Im glad we didnt use that entrance to get in the river. With X-stream they are one of the few tours where you do NOT have to hold the feet of the person behind you. Most other tour operators make you hold the feet of other people so every stays in a single file line in the water. I personally think thats stupid! I was tossed up between a couple tour companys and ended up leaning towards x-stream because they dont make you hold some strangers dirty feet. I have done the x-stream tour and loved it! The tour guide was VERY helpful to those who needed assistance and he was very informative and showed up some real neat things along the way. I am currently booked on my 2nd trip with X-stream and have no doubt my 2nd experience will be as good as my first with this tour operator.

Archived