Beach in Split

We would like a relaxing beach day amongst our crazy European touring. I see there are a couple of beaches in or near split. Brac Island and Brela Neach. Has anyone been to these places? WHch is better? How do I get there?

Island Brac would be much better than Brela. Ferry boat is within walking distance from your ship. There are ferry boats every hour or less during the summer season and the ride takes about 45-50 minutes.

Edited by Daniela32

• 1 month later...

Daniela,

We will be visiting yor city on September 25, 2010 aboard the Celebrity Century. We will only be there for the day and wondered what you would suggest? Dubrovniktravellady recommended asking you. We will appreciate any assistance and advice.

Thank you,

Yes. If you want to go on foot, there is Bacvice (Bachvitze) Beach 10 minutes walk far from your ship. If you go further the same direction, you'll find more beaches.

Or you can go to the Bene Beach by bus number 12. Bus station is on the opposite side of the Riva promenade, near the Sv Frane Church (5 minutes walk).

• 3 years later...

They're all known for it's crystal clear sea. Brela is too far for cruising guests, there is no highway and you may end up staying for hours on the road in case of minor car accident. Summer crowds on the streets are quite common.

Trstenik beach has a blue flag and is quite close , maybe 5 or 10 minutes drive.

Island Brac is beautiful too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much Daniela! A few follow up questions : )

1) Is there any big difference between Brac and Trstenik?

2) How far is Brac Island from the cruise terminal?

3) If we arrive at 7am and leave at 4pm, does that allow us enough time to go to one of these beaches for about 2-3 hours and then have time to walk around the Dioclentian's Palace? Also, how far is the Dioclentian's Palace from the cruise terminal?

Thanks again for all of your help. Very much appreciated!

Your best option is to go to one of our beaches in Split, Trstenik is in Split, in front of Radisson Blu hotel. This will give you enough time to explore Diocletian palace. Trstenik beach is 10 minutes drive, palace is within 5-10 minutes walking distance.

Island Brac is 50 minutes far, by ferryboat, and I would not suggest you to have unnecessary rush.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniela32