crusing with a 2 1/2 yr old

mushu11756

Is he completely potty trained?

That is a requirement.

Usually there are times when the kids are out of the club doing special events and if you ask ahead of time you can take your child in there during that time to play if they can tgo to the club due to being too young.

Some kids who are almost 3 and potty trained have been let in but just barely 2 I really doubt he will be allowed in.

The nursery is nice and they do have plenty of toys for 2 year olds in there. There is a window you can look in where he wont be able to see you so you can see how he is doing if you want. Plus a beeper in case he gets upset. I know the nursery does cost but it may be your only option for some free adult only time.

Maybe grandpa and gradma would like to coem along and they could help with him now and then. I know lots of people who go with family or close friends who help with each others toddlers on board.

Thank you for your response he will be 3 in October, but hes not potty trained and it would be a miracle if he was potty trained in 100 days. Do you know how flounders is ?

Flounders is great. Almost one on one for counselors. But they do limit how many at a time are in there just so the kids can have that extra attention. You are usually allowed to reserve 10 hours per cruise but many times extra hours open up if you want to check back with them. It just depends on how many are using it on your cruise.

I dont know if they have changed their prices but they were $6 per hour, 2 hour minimum each visit.

The one way mirror is so nice because you can see in and check on your child but they cant see you. It is just inside the desk area so people walking down the hall cant see the mirror. Only the parents or grand parents checking on the kids.

They have cribs and a couple kid beds in case of nap time too. They are in a quiet area. You will have a beepr so they can call you if needed.

Lots of toys for little ones.

One cruise my friends 2 year old was the only toddler in there so the counselor took him for a walk inside the ship to meet other crew members and to the family dance floor and danced with him. So he got special treatment and later when they went to different areas he knew a few crew members, he felt very special because they all knew him by name. I think he thought he owned the place:D

My grandson was 18 months and loved the ladies in there. They are great.

I wouldnt hesitate to leave my grandkids at all and i am much more fussy about such things than a lot of moms are.

Kathy

Archived