Shore Excursions

Jets1234

We are going on the Valor on Oct 3rd for a Western Caribbean cruise. We are going to purchase are excursions through the small tour company's such as CaveTubing.com to save money rather then get ripped off and go on a over crowded tour with Carnival. If anyone has done this, how far in advance of the cruise should these be purchased?

We are going on the Valor on Oct 3rd for a Western Caribbean cruise. We are going to purchase are excursions through the small tour company's such as CaveTubing.com to save money rather then get ripped off and go on a over crowded tour with Carnival. If anyone has done this, how far in advance of the cruise should these be purchased?

To answer your question, one should make their reservations when the excursion is decided upon. Check the excursion company's fine print about refunds if you later decide you don't want to do that excursion, or if ship's itinerary changes, rain outs etc.

It's not too early to reserve for an October trip.

As for your statement about getting ripped off and going on an over crowded tour with Carnival, from whom/where are you getting your information?

I've been on both Carnival excursions, and non-Carnival excursions. None of them has been overcrowded, all were run well by the organizers and I'm quite pleased with the quality and quantity either way.

My determining factor is where I want to go, what I want to do for my excursion, and who best offers the package deal.

Whichever way you go, enjoy your cruise and your excursions!

To answer your question, one should make their reservations when the excursion is decided upon. Check the excursion company's fine print about refunds if you later decide you don't want to do that excursion, or if ship's itinerary changes, rain outs etc.

As for your statement about getting ripped off and going on an over crowded tour with Carnival, from whom/where are you getting your information?

I've been on both Carnival excursions, and non-Carnival excursions. None of them has been overcrowded, all were run well by the organizers and I'm quite pleased with the quality and quantity either way.

My determining factor is where I want to go, what I want to do for my excursion, and who best offers the package deal.

I admire your restraint answering with such a courteous reply.

I couldn't agree more with you. People are alway talking down about Carnival's excursions. My wife and I have done all of our excursions with Carnival and after our first cruise, and finding cruise critics. I looked at the excursions we did and looked at some indepentent companies that offered excursions like the ones we did. The price difference wasn't that much really. Not like you would think from what a lot of people post here on CC. My wife and I really enjoy the easiness and peace of mind of booking excursions with Carnival. None of them has ever been crowded like people say. We always gotten very personable service from people who take the time to make sure you have a good time. Maybe I shouldn't be saying this because more people might start doing Carnival's excursions. No, that won't happen because if they can save a dollar they book from someone else.:)

Save come money book through Island Marketing for Western Carribean. You can also book most excursions directly. Most of the time you will be on the same excursions as people who booked through Carnival you just paid from 20 - 50% less. Also booking direct can save you big $$$. I saved big money in the Western Carribean in Cozumel and Cosa Rico by calling these places direct. Island Marketing is a start it give you all the excursions, when you inquire about it they give you the name of the place that's running it - always call direct and see if you get a better deal. Some will not many will - espically in this economy.

One of the resort excursions was marked up from 100% by Carnival. That's just not right.

Will be on the Glory this DEC. western cruise we have gotten our tours order and paided for as of the end of May.

Cozumel thru carnival the Tulum ruins

The others thru private companies;

Belize snorkeling with Star tours

Roatan Fantasy Island snorkel and beach pkg thru the resort.

Had some problems with this for Carnival has just picked the resort up for it's tours and had the resort to stop applying trans to and from the port for Carnival pass. but are excepting the rest of the pkg.. Which inc. a lunch which Carnival does not and will still be $15.00 cheaper per person even with the cost of the taxi.

Grand cayman where we are doing on our own snorkeling at cemtery reef and maybe Eden rock and some of the others sites close to the pier like cheesebuger and the ship wreak sites

Paul

123 days to go

Archived