Gluten- free dining on the Allure

Kas55

Has anyone any experience of eating GF on this new ship? If so, I would love to hear about it. I have requested GF food in the MDR, and am most interested to see if the selection is any better than it was on Celebrity Eclipse this past August.

As so many people are now being diagnosed with needing GF meals, I can only hope that a ship this size will indeed cater for those of us with this need, When I say cater, I do not mean dry, boring and sometimes inedible food. There really is no excuse to make GF meals that are not as tasty and varied as ' regular' food. On the above mentioned last cruise, it took until the last few days of a 13 night sailing for the chefs ( after much complaining) to realise that GF salad dressings need not be just balsamic vinegar, that rice pasta does not have to look like mush, and that sauces can be made with potato flours etc, and that yes, GF folk can eat rice and all veges if they are not coated in flour sauces, and that there are a myriad of GF desserts which are easy and simple to make. It is also valuable to us to know the ingredients in sauces and dressings etc, so that we can know exactly what is in them, and we do need to have a separate toaster for GF bread to avoid cross- contamination.

It is certainly not impossible to cruise GF and I never went hungry, but it is really about hoping the cruise line does go that extra mile to ensure decent and appetising meals, which really are not difficult to cook.

On a ship with over 5,000 guests, I can bet that there are at least 200 + folks who have this dietary need. Perhaps we can connect and ensure we too have what we need to make this cruise extra - special! I will be sailing the Allure on Jan 23.

Feel free to contact me at jarnico_6@hotmail.com if you eat GF too.

Kas

I have Celiac Disease and must eat a Gluten free diet. I recently sailed on another Royal Caribbean ship and it was the first time I signed up for the special Gluten free diet. On previous cruise before I always had to question foods, etc., or just select plain foods. I really enjoyed having bread, sauces, gravies, etc. My meals were excellent! I will always do this in the future.

Each evening I would select from the next day's menu what I wanted to order and it was prepared in a gluten free environment.

• 1 month later...

My husband has celiac disease and must be on a gluten-free diet. PLEASE, PLEASE post more information on your experiences. We will be sailing Allure this summer and I'm hoping his meals will not be dull or tasteless! :rolleyes:

Archived