Post Cruise Transportation in San Juan

azcacruzin

We just sailed on the Summit Jan. 15. Upon returning to San Juan we signed up for the bus transportation to the San Juan airport. The airport is less than 20 min,. from the port by taxi and about $24. We paid about $33 through Celebrity. When we walked over to get on the bus we were told our luggage will be transported in a truck to the airport. I got a "sinking" feeling right then and there. I wanted to get in a taxi knowing my luggage would be with me at all times. My huband insisted we give our luggage to the man who said our luggage would follow in THREE minutes after the bus leaves. I was hesistant but did so. WRONG decision. Got to the airport quickly and waited ONE HOUR for the luggage to arrive. Other people waited over 1 1/2 hrs. since they disembarked before us. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She was no help. DShe only told us the bus was on the way after the cruise ship was totally disembarked. What was the point of leaving the ship anytime before then, we could have walked off the ship last and still got to the airport when our luggage did. This was extremely stressful. We still had to go through agriculture, check in to the airline, check bags and go through security. We made our flight with stress when we simply could have taken a taxi and been done with it. I will ask more questions before I ever sign up for cruise transport again. On other cruises our luggage always was under the bus with us. BTW....the cruising portion of pur trip was really fun. Not a good way to end it.

Thanks for the info. I would have done this, as we did it from Fort Lauderdale to Miami 2 years ago with Princess and was great value. Glad to know not of value with Celebrity. Flying out of San Juan can be stressful enough without this added stress of waiting for luggage for over an hour or more. Glad the cruise was fun.

Lisa

Archived