Please help!!

bchester816

OK!! I have read thousands of threads and still not sure which excursions to take......PLEASE HELP.

First I will be traveling CCL on April 16 - 23 on the Dream Port location include Cozumel, Costa Maya, Isla Rotan and Belize. I wll be traveling with DH and 7 YO DD.

These are the questions that I have and hope someone can help me make the right decision for my family.

1 Which location and Tour Company offers the best and most beautiful beach?

2 Which location and Tour Company offers the best ruins that would be enjoyed by a 7YO

3 Which location and Tour Company offers the best horseback riding

4 Which location and Tour Company offers the best adventerous tour ei, ATV, Jeep, dolphin swim?

#1. Cozumel has a lot of beautiful beaches. I wouldn't book with a tour company. I would take a taxi to a beach (Paradise is great) and relax for the day.

#2. My 7 and 9 year old were bored stiff last year at our ruins tour. Wouldn't make that mistake so I say no tour company offers this ;) They just wanted the beach

#3. No idea?

#4. We swam with the dolphins in Grand Cayman and Florida so can't help there either.

Good luck and happy cruising!!

OK!! I have read thousands of threads and still not sure which excursions to take......PLEASE HELP.

First I will be traveling CCL on April 16 - 23 on the Dream Port location include Cozumel, Costa Maya, Isla Rotan and Belize. I wll be traveling with DH and 7 YO DD.

These are the questions that I have and hope someone can help me make the right decision for my family.

I answered below but it really depends on what you are most interested in in each port. It might help others to answer you more clearly if you were more specific with what you want in each port (the ports can be very different). Here goes our best advice:

1 Which location and Tour Company offers the best and most beautiful beach?

Cozumel - We love Chankannab and Punta Sur the best and have been to Cozumel many times. We may try Mr. Sanchos next time because they do have horse back and camel riding. We looked at it but didn't stay. We were just stopping in to check it out. I did see horse back riders at Punta Sur. You may want to see what tours go there. The place is beautiful! Any kid would love it there. They is also snorkeling, a lighthouse to climb and tons of hermit crabs in the rocks along the beach.

Costa Maya - we loved Maya Chan and would go back for sure.

2 Which location and Tour Company offers the best ruins that would be enjoyed by a 7YO

Bottom line, very few 7 year old will like ruins. We went with our kids ages 8 - 14 at the time and did lots of "pre-reading" about the Mayans and prepped them. They still found it to be "okay". If you want to do ruins, I suggest Native Choice in Costa Maya. We did this with our kids. They paid attention for the first 20 minutes or so and played among themselves the rest of the time.

3 Which location and Tour Company offers the best horseback riding

Cozumel - Mr. Sanchos or try to find the company that does a horse tour in Punta Sur

4 Which location and Tour Company offers the best adventerous tour ei, ATV, Jeep, dolphin swim?

We did the dolphin swim at Chankanaab and enjoyed it. It is very expensive so we won't do it again but it was a once in a life time experience. Then we went to Chankannab afterward. That place never disappoints us!

I answered the question in red above. I saw that you also posted on the Belize board. That is harder to answer. Belize is not our favorite and you have limited options with a 7 year old. We did cave tubing with our kids and they did like it a lot. Everything is at least one hour from the port and you have to tender in.

Archived