March 10th Maasdam Journal

dbullsfn

Hey "Sir Tom", please tell Joanne that "Sir Gary and Ms. Cheryl" send their best. She is a real sweetheart. Please be patient with Ronan. We spent a lot of time with him last week and before last week he had no DJ experience. Peter was the DJ and Ronan was in training. He learned the line dances the same time I did in the Crowsnest. You are his third cruise, we were his second. He even hosted our dinner table one night and he seems like a nice kid, but a little homesick for Australia. Rick was our C.D. but he got off with us in Norfolk. Keep us posted on how things are going. Sounds like you are having a great time, just as we did. You apparently had calmer seas on the way down than we did ... I'm happy for you.

Well we are 2 days out ofs Norfolk. The captain is really racing to slip between two weather systems which are surrounding us. If we dont beat them, well be delayed most likely. The ship was decked in green last night and there was a great group in the Crows nest for St. Patricks day. We even had corned beef for dinner. Anyways, let me run and enjoy what little time I have left, take care

Enjoying your journal entries. Eager to learn more about the Massdam. Leaving from Norfolk 5/1/05 to S. Carribean. If you have any good tips or neat finds, share with future sailors. Sounds like you're having a good time. How has the weather been?

The weather has been bad the past 2 days now. The pools were even closed today. I just saw the cruise log and we have arrived early at every port. When I get home and unpacked, I will compile a more comprehensive review. It may be a while because I think i need a vacation from this vacation. Getting in at 2:30 every night is a killer :)

At the risk of presumptive, I will answer for dbullsfn who is no doubt enjoying his last night on board. Last week when we were on the Maasdam the pools were closed about four days because of high waves from the pool. It makes for treacherous walking on the Lido deck when the waves from the pool spill over. They did their best to keep the floors mopped up but they ended up just closing the pools. I am so looking forward to his review when he returns. I hope he had as good a time as we did on the March 10th sailing. It sounds like he did. Aunt Deedee, have a marvelous cruise and tell us all about it when you return.

Thanks for the information on the pools---that sounds like you must have been doing a lot of rock 'n rollin'... without the music :) I've been used to the nice calm (almost never feel an inch of movement) Disney ships the last few years, so I'm sure it shall be a shock to the system to return to "normal" cruising.

I've overpacked, so I'm currently trying to reduce the number of suit cases so we'll actually be able to fit into the car in the morning with the luggage LOL

I overpacked too and really didn't have to. We took advantage of the laundry service for $12.00 a bag. We did it two or three times and it was well worth it. Everything came back so nice. Shirts and tops on hangers (even my cotton night gown was on a hanger) and all underware was folded neatly, placed in a wicker basket with tissue paper and a gold seal. It's amazing how much you can fit into one of those bags. They even ironed the shirts. Next time I will definitely take a whole lot less clothing. Drive safely and enjoy every minute of the cruise ... even the rock 'n rollin. It was an adventure!

Lucky you!! I am jealous!! We got off the Maasdam 3/10 and were by far, some of the youngest people on board. The median age looked to be at least 60. We are in our 40's.

Funny to hear about Ronan! I met him my first day on the ship. I loved the photo shop people, all very playful and fun. Say 'hey' to Braam from Alcira!!:rolleyes:

Enjoy every moment of your trip.

Theres not much you can say about Ronan. Except that he almost ended up on the AIDA at St Johns. He did tell me though the cruise directors rotate their posts for each cruise, so he will not be the DJ on this Southern Voyage. Also I think Candace is not on this cruise, though her fiancee still is. They also added a mascot, skippy the kangaroo. Ronan received a care package with skippy in it for his birthday. Candace danced with skippy all he time in the crows nest. They were getting a nametag for him (already had the shirt) and he was getting his picture taken with the Captain this cruise

Sounds like you really had a great time up in the Crow's Nest, as did we. Thank you so much for your reports from the Maasdam. We made a decision last night to book her again next March. Probably the same initerary but I don't care. I loved being on the Maasdam. I had only cruised Celebrity before, but I think I may be a convert now. Have a safe trip back.

Let me tell you something about Skippy. I got to know Candace and Troy first through Trivia then Bingo. Candace was dancing with Skippy one night and all I could do was shake my head. I told her she was sick. Her response was skippy never gets tired, never talks back, and does what she wants him to do. She ended by saying he was the perfect man :) Ronan will be her brother in law, what a scary thought :)

Thanks carib girl. We had a nice group of folks I met. Every day we were drinking out by the pools. On days we were at sea, the Strawberry Daiquiris started flowing at the first bingo session. The best was the night they sold the cups they used for soda purchases(you know the big tall ones) for 12 buckas and 2 hours of unlimited daiquiris and Margaritas. The happy hour specials are awesome too, and every bingo session is 2 for 1 drinks

Archived