Do the prices ever go down?

Right now I have an OV booked for November on FOS I have been watching prices and they have gone up since I booked. I was just wondering, do prices ever go down or do they just continue to rise as your sailing date gets closer? I would really like to upgrade to a balcony but can't afford to do so right now. I was hoping prices would go down at some point...do they?

Prices do indeed go down but not on all cruises. It's a product of supply and demand....if there is an oversupply the price will go down until the the cruise company feels the demand is high enough to raise the price. If there is an overdemand, prices will go up. Prices will even vary depending on cabin type (ie inside cabins could go up but balconies might come down).

All I can suggest is that you keep checking on a regular basis. Good luck.

Prices do sometimes go down, especially if they have trouble filling a particular sailing. However, as the economy continues to improve more people are likely to return to booking cruises and so you are more likely to find prices rising rather than dropping. It is always good practice to continue to check prices but if the price now being offered seems to be a good value, it is probably better to book now rather than later. Your selection of staterooms will likely be better and the price could rise substantially if you wait until later. Our New Year's Eve cruise on Navigator has already increased by hundreds of dollars since we booked and could easily go even higher. Supply and demand rules.:)

I check my cruise prices several times a day...yesterday I hit pay dirt..my Dec. cruise had gone down $30pp..not a great amt...but any price drop is better than none...:) we have our fingers crossed that maybe it will drop more & we can upgrade to a JS...if now..we have a cabin we are happy with..so it's all good!

Archived