Question on RCI Credit Card

Just a question on the RCI credit card...... i understand you earn double points with royal caribbean purchases. My question is if you book a cruise & it is through a TA or website other than RCI how do you get the double points. If you book a cruise through a travel agency & the agency name just shows up on your card.. can you still get double points? I was just wondering how that works. :)

I used my RCL credit card with a TA. The charges showed up as Royal Caribbean Ltd. and were worth double points. Usually when you give your TA a credit card number the charges are direct with the cruise line not the TA.

jebl is right, I've always recieved RC doulbe points through the TA.....and don't forget you'll get double points when you use the RC Visa card for your sea pass!! And we all know how that can add up!!!!! :D :D

If your not sure ask the TA first and tell them you have the RC visa.

I booked a recent cruise through a large online TA and did not get double points because the charge came through with the name of the TA. Previous, bookings with this TA had always come through as RCCL, but apparently the TA changed the way it processes the charges.

I complained to the TA and they tried to re-charge through RCCL and give me a credit from the TA, but this became a nightmare when both RCCL and the TA messed up the charges for my three cabins. In the end, I got the double points on one cabin, but gave up on the rest.

I would check with the TA before booking your cruise.

Archived