NCL Freestyle Free Play

skeedr

Hi, I have 2 girls who are 3 and 6. I realize that they will not be in the same kids club but what about the free style free play. Their brochure states that freestyle free play are selected time slots allowing friends and siblings to play together.

Would this allow my girls to be together and would I have to be there?

Thank you

Heather

Hi, I have 2 girls who are 3 and 6. I realize that they will not be in the same kids club but what about the free style free play. Their brochure states that freestyle free play are selected time slots allowing friends and siblings to play together.

Would this allow my girls to be together and would I have to be there?

Thank you

Heather

You are correct that your girls will not be in the same age group. Don't fear, the age groups are merely in different rooms, you will sign them in at the same location. During the posted freestyle free play hours, all children who are signed into the program (and children who sign in during the allotted time) will play together. Each free play session has a "themed game" but kids can play cards/board games/etc... Parents are never allowed in the facility after the "open house" hours on embarkation day.

During the posted freestyle free play hours, all children who are signed into the program (and children who sign in during the allotted time) will play together.

So are you saying during the new Freestyle Free Play, they are together, no matter the age?

I think that's the only part everyone is confused over. Its the free play time - that the siblings will be together? On NCL's facebook yesterday they said that they would try to separate the younger ones, 2-4, during busy times.

You are correct that your girls will not be in the same age group. Don't fear, the age groups are merely in different rooms, you will sign them in at the same location. During the posted freestyle free play hours, all children who are signed into the program (and children who sign in during the allotted time) will play together. Each free play session has a "themed game" but kids can play cards/board games/etc... Parents are never allowed in the facility after the "open house" hours on embarkation day.

Thank you so much for your reply. Although you never know how the kids will be I believe my younger one might be reluctant to go to the kids club without the older one in sight.

Interesting :) If you don't have an answer by the time I get off of Gem, I will come back and reply. ;)

That would be great if you could get that info! I just want some time to go to the spa and relax with DH for just 1 hour a day thats it. Then its all about the kids and the Nick fun:D

Thank you so much for your reply. Although you never know how the kids will be I believe my younger one might be reluctant to go to the kids club without the older one in sight.

That would be great if you could get that info! I just want some time to go to the spa and relax with DH for just 1 hour a day thats it. Then its all about the kids and the Nick fun:D

I totally understand. And "in sight" is a relative term. ;) When you go to check them in, they are usually in rooms that are adjacent to each other. So in our experience, when my youngest would get really concerned, she could simply go peer in the next room and that would calm her long enough to continue with whatever activity she was doing with her own age group. And before long, she was having so much fun in her own activities she would forget about her sister.

You might want to do what I did. Start NOW. Hype up all of the "fun things they get to do in their OWN class". Tell them its "like school" - they each get their OWN CLASSROOM. You can look at the kid schedules (my signature and more when I get back) and tell them all of the fun events that EACH of them get to do in their OWN CLASS.

You will be their guide and if they sense no anxiety from YOU, then they will have no reason to worry. :D

The worse thing you can do (and I see it all the time - even here on the first day of school) you see the parent that tells the kids "Are you sure you are going to be ok? And then the child starts asking "Why, do I need to worry if I am going to be ok?" :eek:

Just start now, hype up the experience. Tell them they are in their OWN class. They have their OWN EXCITING and FUN experiences. And when you drop them off WALK AWAY - don't turn around and SHOW NO FEAR. :p;)

I totally understand. And "in sight" is a relative term. ;) When you go to check them in, they are usually in rooms that are adjacent to each other. So in our experience, when my youngest would get really concerned, she could simply go peer in the next room and that would calm her long enough to continue with whatever activity she was doing with her own age group. And before long, she was having so much fun in her own activities she would forget about her sister.

You might want to do what I did. Start NOW. Hype up all of the "fun things they get to do in their OWN class". Tell them its "like school" - they each get their OWN CLASSROOM. You can look at the kid schedules (my signature and more when I get back) and tell them all of the fun events that EACH of them get to do in their OWN CLASS.

You will be their guide and if they sense no anxiety from YOU, then they will have no reason to worry. :D

The worse thing you can do (and I see it all the time - even here on the first day of school) you see the parent that tells the kids "Are you sure you are going to be ok? And then the child starts asking "Why, do I need to worry if I am going to be ok?" :eek:

Just start now, hype up the experience. Tell them they are in their OWN class. They have their OWN EXCITING and FUN experiences. And when you drop them off WALK AWAY - don't turn around and SHOW NO FEAR. :p;)

You're so right. Kids and infants alike do feed off our emotions and actions. I am not going to blow this. I want that hour ALONE!!!:D

You're so right. Kids and infants alike do feed off our emotions and actions. I am not going to blow this. I want that hour ALONE!!!:D

You can do this!!!! :D And if all things work out REALLY well, you might not see them for TWO hours! :p:D

Seriously, I have faith in you. They will be fine! ;)

Archived