Allure - Eastern ....Snuba in St Thomas

golfer1966

DW and I LOVE snorkeling and have our own gear. We have decided we'd like to try Snuba so we can be down there with the fish instead of t eh surface. So, we booked the trip through the ship. While driving the 35 minutes to the Snuba location, we were given instructions on the dos and donts and about the equipment. Once we arrived, we were split into three groups. Each group was about people. When the first group got their weight belts and in water instructions, the other groups were free to snorkel around. Well, there were hardly any fish there at all. There was plenty of turtle grass, but now fish. There was a big pile of rocks there that had lots of fish, but you had to get dangerously close to them to see anything. Once we actually started to Snuba it was a little bit scarey at first, but once you figured out you can breath, it was cool. We went to about 15 -17 ft and it lasted about 12 -15 minutes of actual underwater time. We still didnt see any fish. The staff was very friendly and informative. I didnt feel we were in any danger at all. The only thing I think they need to change in the location of the Snuba spot. I am glad I did it, because the next time we do it, I wont be worried.

sorry you didn't get a chance to see very many fish or other sea life. snuba is great as you say without having to go thru the expense of scuba certification and if you don't plan on scuba much anyway. i'm sure they offer snuba is many places now but if you plan on going to hawaii definitely consider snuba there.

Archived