Adventure of the Seas

Did this ship twice...once when I proposed to my wife, and then again when we went on our honeymoon! We went on both routes, so we are quite the AOS gurus.

In Aruba, I'd recommend Baby Beach. Great place! Literally chest deep in a huge cove. Bring bread with you, for if you throw some in the water, the fish will surround you! Awesome experience. Where the cove meets the Caribbean, you'll find awesome coral and fish. Great spot. Aruba is beautiful! As for food on the island, Marandi's (www.marandiaruba.com) is a phenomenal place. I believe the day you're in Aruba, the theme night is "Caribbean". We've skipped this two times due to the negative vibe the cruise ship workers give us. Hey Royal Caribbean....give up on this idea.....read the message boards and take note, it is not a fan favorite!!

Curacao....We did the Hato Caves (ok....something different) and then followed it up with the Dolphin Swim. Hato we did via cab, and the Dolphin Swim we signed up thru the cruiseline. Literally, this was the best excursion we did on that cruise.....holding onto their fins and going for a ride was a chance of a lifetime!

St. Maarten/St. Martin.....take a cab around the island. Negotiate a fee in advance and have a driver take you all over the island. We spent about 6 hours with a gentleman. When I told him we had just gotten engaged, he stopped at every scenic overlook and every romantic spot for a picture. He was our personal photographer! This was our favorite island. The second time we went to this island (on our honeymoon), we did the America's Cup Regatta. This was a cool excursion...but seeing this incredible island via cab is a must see before booking an alternate excursion.

St. Thomas....the shopping, beaches, and Skyride to Paradise Point (skilift you can see from the ship) are all great options.

Hope this was a help to those going this weekend, or planning a trip in the near future. My wife and I are 28 and 27....we try to see everything an island has to offer and be as adventurous as possible. Enjoy!

We loved it! Our CD was hysterical! We did the BOB thru RCI - they met us at 9 on the dock and we (my wife, 14 y/o son, 11 y/o daughter) had a blast! We bought the disposa-camera :) at Walmart before we left and have some great pictures.

Our guide on the Jewish Heritage Tour was ok in Curacao... not spectacular but not horrible either. We did the Aruba Sail-n-Snorkel tour, and only shopped in St. Maarten.

We're hooked now! The kids loved the variety of activities to do - and had a blast the whole time. With a full-load of passengers we never really felt crowded ! Its amazing!

I had no issues at all with the ship, its staff, or the other passengers - even with that many kids at spring break - there wasn't the rowdiness I saw on Carnival last year.

And just an fyi - if you are flying American or United out of San Juan, I recommend spending the $10 pp for the boarding pass and checked luggage. What a great deal!

St. Martin cab....I believe it was around $85 with the tip. That seems to be correct...according to memory.

Baby beach....catch a cab. It is a ride, but very nice. You'll love it. If you look at a map of Aruba, Baby Beach is on the southeast part of the island. Great spot to just sit back, relax, snorkel, float around....

If your flying American or United out of San Juan what is the 10pp do for you ? and where do i find out about it

we are flying AA out but not until night time so i wasn,t sure what i could do with my luggage Will they check it somewhere

Thanks

Archived