Celebrity Century Oceanview Accessible Cabin 5061 - review and photos

MargoK

Hi all.

We have just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Century and as I am disabled we have to have an accessible cabin.

This trip we didn't have much choice as there is only 1 x Inside, 7 x Oceanview and 2 Sky Suites, and as the Suites were three times the price and the Inside was already taken we had the only other option! :rolleyes:

BUT it was a great cabin and we couldn't have been happier.

I am currently uploading my blog ( all 31 pages:eek:) but have already put up information about the cabin, so thought I would let other CCer's know what it was like and how the cruise was - it was fantastic.

My Blog is : http://travellingkellys.blogspot.com/

Please let me know if you have any questions - I would be happy to help out!

Hi, Ive had a look at your blog, I went around NZ on Rhapsody of the Seas two years ago and it was great. I couldnt find the pics of the cabin on your site though, can you direct me please.

Thanks.

You had to go back to the earlier posts. Her photos of the cabin are here:

http://travellingkellys.blogspot.com/2011/12/first-impressions-of-celebrity-century.html

Sue

Hi, Ive had a look at your blog, I went around NZ on Rhapsody of the Seas two years ago and it was great. I couldnt find the pics of the cabin on your site though, can you direct me please.

Thanks.

Hi Strawberryflds. Kelpster has beaten me to it!!!

Thanks Sue.

Oh, what a fantastic report you've made! That must have taken quite a bit of time and I really appreciate the effort. We will be on the Century in April and we have room 5062, so I was very pleased to see what a nice room it is. I will settle back and read your report in detail later tonight.

My mom is elderly and walks with a rollator. I am very interested in how safe tendering is for people with mobility issues. I saw some photos of tendering so I will be reading that area with great interest.

Thank you very much for posting.

Sue

Hi all.

We have just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Century and as I am disabled we have to have an accessible cabin.

This trip we didn't have much choice as there is only 1 x Inside, 7 x Oceanview and 2 Sky Suites, and as the Suites were three times the price and the Inside was already taken we had the only other option! :rolleyes:

BUT it was a great cabin and we couldn't have been happier.

I am currently uploading my blog ( all 31 pages:eek:) but have already put up information about the cabin, so thought I would let other CCer's know what it was like and how the cruise was - it was fantastic.

My Blog is : http://travellingkellys.blogspot.com/

Please let me know if you have any questions - I would be happy to help out!

Oh, what a fantastic report you've made! That must have taken quite a bit of time and I really appreciate the effort. We will be on the Century in April and we have room 5062, so I was very pleased to see what a nice room it is. I will settle back and read your report in detail later tonight.

My mom is elderly and walks with a rollator. I am very interested in how safe tendering is for people with mobility issues. I saw some photos of tendering so I will be reading that area with great interest.

Thank you very much for posting.

Sue

Sue - we did not go ashore at any tender ports. Although I can mobilize using a walker my balance is 'shot' and am as my DH puts it, "I panic at the lightest issue", especially if I have no control!!! :rolleyes: I will ask on our Roll Call if anyone was seen using a walker and tendering for you.

I even got a bit out of sorts when the poor guys were helping me on the gangways - partly because they didn't understand the chair was a powerchair, and because I don't have reversing mirrors!!! :eek:

Doing the Blog did take alot of time, but then I was a little limited in what I do. I really enjoyed writing each day, and sometimes I was at it for 2 hrs or more. My place of choice for writing was Cova Cafe, as alot of passengers transit through there, and often people would stop and chat (mostly Ccer's) etc.

Sue - we did not go ashore at any tender ports. Although I can mobilize using a walker my balance is 'shot' and am as my DH puts it, "I panic at the lightest issue", especially if I have no control!!! :rolleyes: I will ask on our Roll Call if anyone was seen using a walker and tendering for you.

I even got a bit out of sorts when the poor guys were helping me on the gangways - partly because they didn't understand the chair was a powerchair, and because I don't have reversing mirrors!!! :eek:

Doing the Blog did take alot of time, but then I was a little limited in what I do. I really enjoyed writing each day, and sometimes I was at it for 2 hrs or more. My place of choice for writing was Cova Cafe, as alot of passengers transit through there, and often people would stop and chat (mostly Ccer's) etc.

You've created a very detailed diary of your trip and it will be lovely to go back and reread it, I'm sure.

Mom uses the rollator for balance but she is getting weaker. She can go down/up ramps if not rushed. I worry about how big a step there might be to go in and out of the tender, how much help is there for her, and if they will be so rushed as to make the moment an unpleasant experience.

I was looking in Youtube for the vid of the tender. I did not find your's, but I found others. None were of the actual boarding though. I appreciate your offer to ask about my issues in your rollcall. I browse through the BB every month or so trying to find someone with similar experiences but no luck so far.

The Cova Cafe sounds quite nice. I'm very much looking forward to our trip and finding cool places to hang out.

Thank you for your input. Much appreciated!

Sue

You've created a very detailed diary of your trip and it will be lovely to go back and reread it, I'm sure.

Mom uses the rollator for balance but she is getting weaker. She can go down/up ramps if not rushed. I worry about how big a step there might be to go in and out of the tender, how much help is there for her, and if they will be so rushed as to make the moment an unpleasant experience.

I was looking in Youtube for the vid of the tender. I did not find your's, but I found others. None were of the actual boarding though. I appreciate your offer to ask about my issues in your rollcall. I browse through the BB every month or so trying to find someone with similar experiences but no luck so far.

The Cova Cafe sounds quite nice. I'm very much looking forward to our trip and finding cool places to hang out.

Thank you for your input. Much appreciated!

Sue

Hi Sue

the link for LIFTING the tender. But if you search on You Tube for Celebrity Century Tender there are some showing what riding a tender is like - may give you an idea!

Hi Sue
the link for LIFTING the tender. But if you search on You Tube for Celebrity Century Tender there are some showing what riding a tender is like - may give you an idea!

Actually, that was fascinating. I guess if the power was out, the tenders would be out of service.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...
Hi MargoK,

We are sailing on 17 Feb 2012 ex Fremantle to Sydney. I note from your blog you stayed in cabin 5061. Can you tell me if it was noisy. I read that the Cova Cafe can get noisy after 11pm.

Thanks

Golden Hind:)

Hi Golden Hind.

Definitely no noise (unless you count the young girls being silly on NYE!) - the Cova Cafe is up a level and away from the cabins in the area.

Cova Cafe is not a noisy place as such unless you find the different musicians that do 'sets' there a problem. Cova was my favourite place to 'hang out'.

Maybe you are thinking of the Crystal Room, which is a night venue, and that is forward of the most forward elevators, so again a distance from 5061.

We loved the Century - have a read of my blog (as below in my signature)

Have you joined the Roll Call for the 17/2? One of the girls on our cruise is onboard - Brusselsgirl.

Thanks MargoK,

It must be the Rendevous Lounge not Cova Cafe. Any comments about noise from there?

Yes have joined roll call for 17/2 and yes i am aware Brusselsgirl will be on board.

Thank you again for your assistance.:)

Hi again.

We were never disturbed by noise from anywhere. What cabin do you have?

• 2 years later...
Your posts and blog are still helpful, Margo. Thanks for taking the time.

We'll be in 5061 in December and now have a better idea of what to anticipate.

Cheers, Keith

Please to know you found my posts and blogs useful.

Enjoy