Ketchikan excursions

TallinnGirl

DH and I did the Deadliest Catch tour two years ago and had a wonderful time. Watching the crew feed the eagles was spectacular. They wouldn't let anyone hold the crabs anymore as they did have a passenger injured when a crab clamped b=down on her finger and did significant damage.

It was a relaxing excursion. Very informative. As well as seeing the fishing by long line and seeing the various fish that were caught, they also showed us octopus, crabs, and prawns. We saw seals and a humpback whale while sailing back to Ketchican.

Rockfan2

Is there any way to do the Deadliest Catch tour and still have time to somehow get to the Totem Bight? Assuming arrive Ketchikan 10, leave at 6?

We have booked "Lighthouse, Totems & Eagles Excursion"

with Princess, any reviews?? Where we are having some real difficulty

is finding something to interest both of us in Juneau.

Are car rentals close to the pier in either location?

For those that like to fly consider a mail plane with Taquan air if it

will fit your schedule, they have a web site.

• 3 months later...

How about an independent operator: Island Wings Air Service, rather than booking from the ship. Also looked at Sea Wind Aviation. Both looked great- looked them up via tripadvisor.com .....Just am a little nervous about paying 50% up front, refundable till 14 days before our trip, but Island Wings takes you down to a beautiful lake for a photo-op there for 25 minutes included! So that's the one for me, rather than 10 from the ship, and the price is about the same. Anyone have any experience with Island Wings in Ketchikan? Thank you in advance for your replies....:) OH, I see last year Marilyn took this and loved it..... well think I'll send in my $$ then. Sounds good. Thank you!

We flew with Michelle in 2006 - it was an amazing experience, and one my DH still talks about today. Loved it - and this from someone who isn't big on flying - even the large commercial airliners make me nervous. From take off to landing, our time spent in the middle of Misty Fiords on a silent lake surrounded by stunning mountains, gliding eagles, and silence - this was a fantastic excursion that we'd highly recommend. You will definitely enjoy yourselves and you'll be in good hands w/Michelle. Have a great time in the Great Land!

I'll chime in here and say YES.... Island Wings is worth every penny!!!!! I would recommend Michelle to everyone out there that wants to do a fantastic once in a lifetime excursion. It was by far the best one we did in Alaska last summer. Let us know how you like it!!!!!

Archived