Jet Ski's?

CaJazzman

Will be cruising on the Norwegian Dawn 11 day Caribbean Cruise, on March 28th, and are wondering if anyone knows of, any Jet Ski rentals in any one of the ports on this cruise? Hopefully someone will know. Thank you in advance!:cool:

Will be cruising on the Norwegian Dawn 11 day Caribbean Cruise, on March 28th, and are wondering if anyone knows of, any Jet Ski rentals in any one of the ports on this cruise? Hopefully someone will know. Thank you in advance!:cool:

Since posting this question, we have found that in Barbados, is a business called Barbados Wave Runner and Beach Day. Now since we haven't been on the cruise as of yet, have found out that they charge $60.00 for 30 mins. and $110.00 for a hour tour. I hope that someone looking for this type of excursion, we find this helpful. :cool:

this is quite an expensive way to ride a jetski. We are normally quoted around $35 - $45 for 30 mins on Carlisle Bay beach. You can haggle them down a bit too. Carlisle Bay has various places where you can rent loungers, the Boatyard has an $12 entry fee pp to include a drink and lounger/umbrella rental, but they do play music through the day so you may want to go a little further along the beach if you want quiet. A taxi from the port would not cost very much at all and you could walk into Bridgetown on the way back if you fancied a look around.

Please do haggle with beach vendors, they expect it! We went to Crane Beach last week and were told that 2 loungers and an umbrella would cost $40, we haggled and got them down to $10...

You say that on Carlisle Bay beach, that you rented Jet Skis, but, so far, I've not been about to locate a single one there. I've found two that say they charge the same pricing of $50 to $60 for a half hour, or $110 for a hour. So, since you say that on Carlisle Bay beach, you rented one, could you please direct us to this place. I'd for sure want to spend the least possible. :cool:

Hi,

are you looking online to book in advance? When you get to the beach there will be many jet ski owners who will be touting for business. We have always gone to the north of the beach (nearest to bridgetown) by the boatyard and lobster alive, there were at least 4 jet skis up there 2 days ago.

Well, we were looking to book in advance, but if there are several there looking to get someone's business, that might to a better way. Especially if, we can get them down to a better price. I want to thank you, for this information. Oh, one more thing. How far is the beach? Walking distance? :cool:

you are most welcome. I have been to Carlisle Bay too many times to count (I used to work on a ship) and there have always been jetski's there, the only time there may not be is if it is raining hard, but it usually clears up within 30 mins. I would say to go in the morning so you have a good chance of sunshine. You will be approached as soon as you get on the beach, ask them how much and then say 'maybe' or haggle them down straight away. Normally another guy will then come up and beat the previous price. Don't pay more than $40 for 30 mins (you can ride 2 at a time or 15 mins each).

If you ask your taxi driver to drop you at the boatyard, you can get entry to the beach for $12 each and that includes a drink, lounger and umbrella, plus use of their inflatable trampolines in the sea and bridge swing. They will also provide you with a free taxi to take you back to the port.

http://www.theboatyard.com/pview.html?p=cruiseship

If you don't fancy that then just enter the beach by the side of lobster alive for free.

Have fun!

Archived