Atlantis Cruises on Celebrity?

BokuwaPat

My bf and I are planning on doing the Eastern Caribbean cruise in 2006 through Atlantis on the Celebrity Millenium. Just wondering if anyone has tips on planning as this is our first cruise ever? Is upgrading to concierge class worth it, especially when our travel agent quoted us a $400 difference between it and the standard verandah room?

Thanks and happy cruising!

Hi BokuwaPat -

I'm scheduled for that cruise with a bunch of friends from CA. We did (for the first time) decide to go concierge class. We were really impressed by what other concierge class guests had said about it. Whether it's right for you really depends on a number of things. I've listed the CC (concierge class) extras at the end of this.

There's a wealth of planning advice on this site (and others) - just do a search on Atlantis and/or cruise planning. http://www.atlantiscruisers.com has good stuff too. I've done a number of Atlantis and RSVP products, as have many knowledgeable posters on this board - basically plan for hot weather and a lot of fun would be my preliminary advice. And to meet as many great people as you want. Some couples want a more private, romantic vacation, and others want a more social experience. It can really be whatever you want it to be.

There's a lot of CC info on the Celebrity board on cruisecritic.com. Here's what you get for the extra $ in CC (from http://www.celebrity.com) - basically a lot of extras, that for some people, add up to a lot of extra value. For me it was about having a larger verandah class cabin and the priority embark/debark privileges. This is from a 2004 Celebrity press release.

Guests booked in ConciergeClass staterooms are treated famously throughout their cruise, from the moment they arrive in their stateroom with a bottle of chilled champagne, fresh flowers and a selection of fruits, to the time they're ready to sleep, with tension-absorbing pillow-top mattresses, plush duvets and a pillow menu whose selections include conformance, body, goose down or Isotonic.

Additional ConciergeClass amenities include afternoon canapés, a leather key holder, personalized stationery, an oversized tote bag, an umbrella available to use throughout the cruise, and shoeshine service.

For guests who choose to linger in the comfort of their plush bedding, Celebrity offers a room service breakfast menu designed exclusively for ConciergeClass guests.

ConciergeClass bathroom amenities include plush bath rugs, oversized Egyptian cotton towels, double-thick Frette bathrobes, two hair dryers, a Hansgrohe showerhead, and a selection of fine shampoos, body lotions, soaps, shower caps, breath mints and a sewing kit.

Special services associated with ConciergeClass include priority luggage delivery, dining time and seating preferences, VIP invitations to exclusive shipboard events, priority shore excursion bookings, early embarkation and debarkation privileges, and a one-touch button on the phone to reach a ConciergeClass desk representative directly.

ConciergeClass amenities also extend to the veranda, which features a table large enough for dining al fresco, cushioned chairs, and high-powered binoculars for zooming in on captivating scenery throughout the cruise.

Hey there. I was on the Constellation in March, the week before the Atlantis event. We LOVED our CC room. However, Atlantis cruises are very different than what we were on. We spent a lot of time on our balcony, enjoyed our evening canapes. Best of all...breakfast roomservice!!! Other staterooms have limited selection for breakfast. CC has extensive menu that you just hang on your door nob the night before. They give you a call 5 minutes before hand, then come and set up a nice tablecloth on your veranda and unload waffles, granola and yogurt, omlettes...whatever. It was great!

However, being on Atlantis...you may not be as interested in hanging out in your room as much. It's up to you to decide if it's worth it. The fruit and flowers are a nice touch as well...and the robes are extra comfy! You can check out our room if you want at:

http://homepage.mac.com/dkuhnau/PhotoAlbum7.html

Archived